ALL >> Business >> View Article
Investing Versus Repatriation: The Better Choice For An Nri
Total Articles: 108
When you travel abroad for the business or work reasons, you will want to send money to India. With the different types of NRI accounts, this is very easy. In this article, we give you the different benefits of investment and reparation options available with the NRI savings account.
Different functioning of the NRI savings account
The different NRI savings account has different functions and different benefits. These NRE savings account and NRO savings account will have a higher interest rate as compared to the savings accounts in the country of residence and therefore provide an ideal investment option. If the NRI is earning an income, he can invest in either of the accounts, but there is a certain limit of repatriation to NRO savings account. However, if an NRI is earning an income from India, he cannot deposit it in the NRE savings account. The income from Indian sources can be deposited in the NRO account.
NRI investments options and support of NRI savings account
To invest in India, an NRI will need either a NRE savings account or a NRO savings account to begin with. In addition to passport, overseas address, birth date and photo ID proof, an NRI will need to complete KYC properly. Then, NRI will need to repatriate the funds into Indian rupees and use them to invest in any form of local investments such as stocks, real estate, mutual funds, commodities, etc. So, whether you have NRE savings account or NRO savings account, it will make no difference as they both facilitate the repatriation however, NRO accounts have upper limit.
Taxation for NRO and NRE savings accounts
The NRE savings account is not charged for Income tax, wealth tax and gift tax in India. But the interest earned in the NRO savings account and the credit balances are subjected to the income tax and therefore funds will be deducted. Therefore, if you are opening a NRI savings account, it is better to open a NRE account, especially if you want to ensure that your income which you are earning internationally is remitted to India in Indian rupees. This will allow you to earn through your remittance and NRI investment options without paying any income tax concerns. You can also have a joint account with another NRI apart from the local resident. These NRI savings accounts are therefore ideal for repatriation.
So, as you send money to India for investments or just as savings, it will be smarter choice to use the NRI accounts as they can be converted into local accounts, if you return back to Indian for temporarily or permanently.
Author Bio :-Neha Sharma is a finance student who loves to write about NRI savings account and more. She is delighted to share information she knows about NRE savings account and NRO Savings Account to those who are interested in it.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining