ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Network Share Audit Tool
Total Articles: 8
Have you ever been distracted by users who tried to access your shared files and download a huge amount of information? Have you ever been annoyed when your important documents were missing and you did not know who has deleted them and why? Have you ever been disturbed by users who used files in your share when you needed them?
If you have at least one answer "yes", then you must desire to be aware of who and when accesses to your share, and, what is more important, what do your colleagues do with your shared files: whether they modify them, just download or, what is awful, delete them.
To avoid such unpleasant situations that are mentioned above, you can use the special software on your computer. To use it, you do not have to be an IT guru. All that you need to do is to install the program on your PC for constant access monitoring of your shared folders.
After the installation has finished, you can:
1) Configure alerts for specified events. You can receive the screen, sound, or even e-mail notifications. There are a few types of alerts:
- Alerts on connections to whole folders or particular files.
- Alerts on connections that are made from particular users or particular computers.
- Alerts that you get when important files or documents are opened, modified, or deleted.
- Alerts, that you get when the desired connection is established, for example, when you wait for you colleague who must write an important file to your shared resource.
2) Above all, the program maintains the access log file. So even if you do not need the notifications, you always can have a look into the program's log and find out who, when, and what did with your shared files.
3) If some colleagues distract you by downloading too much information from your share or editing your files, you can disconnect them and add them to the blacklist. This can save you a lot of nerves, and raise your productivity.
The system administrator also can use such program on the company's file server. The aim is the same but more extensive. Moreover, using it, he can kill two birds with one stone. Firstly, it helps him to prevent the important information leak. The system administrator can always keep an eye on corporate documents and get to know, if some of them are downloaded by users. Secondly, this measure allows the system administrator to keep all shared resources in the proper order: to be always aware of what documents are edited and by whom, who moves files into other folders or deletes them. He also can configure notifications on particular events, like it is described above.
Along with software and hardware, the company's documents need a lot of attention too. Some of them keep the private information; some of them are vital for employees' proper operation. That is why shared folders monitoring is very important process in any company and any network.
Shared folder monitoring http://www.10-strike.com/connectionmonitor/
Computers Articles1. Advance B2b Marketplace Portal Script
Author: sawati rawat
2. Doublemediabox.com Target Your Pc : Get Solution To Delete Doublemediabox.com
Author: Chris MArtin
3. Hosted Virtual Desktop And Application Delivery Service Provides
Author: Cyber Link
4. How To Download Netflix Movies
Author: Easy steps to download Netflix movies
5. What Are Gmail Login And Registration Procedure?
Author: John Brown
6. Client Relationship Management Software
7. How Do I Install Adobe Reader In Ubuntu ?
Author: harry jan
8. Apple Cinema Display Repairs In Hammersmith In London
9. How To Fix Adobe Flash Player Not Working Or Loading Issues?
Author: Katrina kim
10. Spam Filtering And Why Your Company Needs It
Author: Frank Bower
11. Steps In Upgrading Windows
Author: Newlite Technical Services LLC
12. Laptop Repair Centre Liverpool | Laptop Repairer
Author: Laptop Repairs
13. How Microsoft Office Support Services Can Help Maintain Ms Tools?
Author: Anika Ahuja
14. Must Have Structures Of Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
15. Find Professional Custom Design Experts To Create Your Hyip Business Impact Online