ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Network Share Audit Tool
Total Articles: 8
Have you ever been distracted by users who tried to access your shared files and download a huge amount of information? Have you ever been annoyed when your important documents were missing and you did not know who has deleted them and why? Have you ever been disturbed by users who used files in your share when you needed them?
If you have at least one answer "yes", then you must desire to be aware of who and when accesses to your share, and, what is more important, what do your colleagues do with your shared files: whether they modify them, just download or, what is awful, delete them.
To avoid such unpleasant situations that are mentioned above, you can use the special software on your computer. To use it, you do not have to be an IT guru. All that you need to do is to install the program on your PC for constant access monitoring of your shared folders.
After the installation has finished, you can:
1) Configure alerts for specified events. You can receive the screen, sound, or even e-mail notifications. There are a few types of alerts:
- Alerts on connections to whole folders or particular files.
- Alerts on connections that are made from particular users or particular computers.
- Alerts that you get when important files or documents are opened, modified, or deleted.
- Alerts, that you get when the desired connection is established, for example, when you wait for you colleague who must write an important file to your shared resource.
2) Above all, the program maintains the access log file. So even if you do not need the notifications, you always can have a look into the program's log and find out who, when, and what did with your shared files.
3) If some colleagues distract you by downloading too much information from your share or editing your files, you can disconnect them and add them to the blacklist. This can save you a lot of nerves, and raise your productivity.
The system administrator also can use such program on the company's file server. The aim is the same but more extensive. Moreover, using it, he can kill two birds with one stone. Firstly, it helps him to prevent the important information leak. The system administrator can always keep an eye on corporate documents and get to know, if some of them are downloaded by users. Secondly, this measure allows the system administrator to keep all shared resources in the proper order: to be always aware of what documents are edited and by whom, who moves files into other folders or deletes them. He also can configure notifications on particular events, like it is described above.
Along with software and hardware, the company's documents need a lot of attention too. Some of them keep the private information; some of them are vital for employees' proper operation. That is why shared folders monitoring is very important process in any company and any network.
Shared folder monitoring http://www.10-strike.com/connectionmonitor/
Computers Articles1. Latest Mobile Commerce Tech Trends You Don’t Want To Miss Out On
Author: Maria Williams
2. How To Secure Your Ipad Device With Norton Security Deluxe?
Author: James Watson
3. 5 Myths About Socks Proxies
4. Responsive Website Design By Seven Monies
Author: Seven Monies
5. Surface Studio Promo Code: Buy Device With Unlimited Creative Possibilities!
Author: Christine Bleakley
6. Mcafee Activate Support
Author: elise alexander
7. How To Use Google As Proxy Server
8. Learn Easy-fix Ways To Resolve The Error With Microsoft Office Setup
Author: Bailey Martin
9. Best Knowledge Management Software In Php
10. ‘cpm Vs Cpc Vs Cpa’, How To Get Better Roi For Your Small Business
Author: Matt Parker
11. What Is Call Tracking? How Call Tracking Software Can Make Your Small Business To Grow Bigger?
Author: Matt Parker
12. How To Configure Norton Identity Safe?
Author: James Watson
13. Web Based Online Exam Software
Author: Conduct Exam
14. Having Trouble While Uninstalling Mcafee Webadvisor Or Siteadvisor? Find Solution Here
Author: Mike Metsan
15. how To Fix Mcafee Error Code 7305 - www Mcafee Com/activate
Author: Aida Martin