ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
How To Shave With A Straight Razor
Total Articles: 167
Many men have grown up with the memory of seeing their grandfather or great grandfather shave with a straight razor. Shaving with a straight razor has become an almost legionary event usually told through folk stories, but the barbershop shave provides the opportunity for men to still experience the feel and closeness of a real straight razor. Moreover, for the men who want to learn how to shave with a straight razor, it is not as hard as most men might think to use a straight razor.
Regarding shaving with a straight razor, there are several important steps concerning the process, which include:
1. Take a shower to prepare the face for the shave, or use hot soaked towels for the same effect. This preparation is important because it allows a close and nick-free shave. In addition, the hot water prevents razor drag and allows the facial hair to soften below the skin's surface area.
2. Apply pre-shave oil. This moisturizes the skin; helps decrease drag and can act as an antiseptic.
3. Apply a highly alkaline formula shaving cream with a high-end shaving brush. Wipe any extra cream away with a hot towel. This will continue the pore opening and moisturizing process.
4. If the razor slightly pulls on the skin or is dull, the razor should be honed.
5. Strop the straight razor. Stropping is a technique utilized to maintain the edge of a straight razor and should be done each time a straight razor is used to shave.
6. Start the shaving process. The skin should be pulled tight as the straight razor is applied, but only use the amount of pressure actually needed to remove the facial hair.
7. After the shave is completed, the face should be rinsed very well with either warm or cold water. In addition, a face wash or a natural aftershave balm can be used.
One of the great traditions of the barbershop is the barbershop shave. While many men come to the barbershop for the full barbershop shave experience, some men want to learn how to do a traditional shave at home, which requires a straight razor. The use of a straight razor should never be done without carefully utilizing the instrument. However, once the shaving technique is learned, many men enjoy the use of a straight razor for the special feeling it provides regarding a traditional shave.
Beauty Articles1. Know Dental Implant Types Before Going For
Author: Victor Hajko
2. Why Shower Gel Type Are You?
Author: Oskar Jokovich
3. Made Your Personality More Pleasant With Hair Transplant
Author: Neeraj Pandey
4. You Will Never Make Mistakes In Shampooing And Conditioning Your Hair Again
5. Factors That Affect Natural Hair Care Products's Longevity
Author: Scott Watkins
6. Look Like A Beauty Queen With Cheap Makeup Kits
7. Mohini Makeovers Salon That Defines Beauty
Author: Mohini Singh
8. Order Virgin Hair Extensions India For Best Quality And Price
9. How To Get Best Bridal Makeup In Udaipur- Amrits Hair & Beauty
Author: Anu Sen
10. The Ultimate Guide To Waxing At Home
Author: Paul Samuel Ortiz
11. Traditional Balinese Massage
Author: John Mathew
12. Differences Between Waxing And Shaving
Author: Paul Samuel Ortiz
13. Purchase Shea Butter For Skin And Get A Natural Look Of Hair And Skin
Author: The author is intending to mention the benefits of
14. Get Known How Hydrocolloid Help Get Rid Of Acne!
Author: Sagar Gore
15. Rejuvenate Your Face With Facelift