ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Nocplan – Fttn Vs Ftth! Which Network Fares Better?
Total Articles: 26
Fiber to the Node or Neighborhood renders cable telecommunication services to multiple destinations. It provides broadband connection via a common box known as the node. In such networks, fiber optic wires enter into a central neighborhood connection from where copper wires run into individual destinations. These wires are either coaxial cables or twisted pair wiring. This system serves almost 100 customers in a radius of 1.5 kms. Companies often use an efficient FTTN Network Planning Software for planning, designing, building, and operating the entire configuration.
Advantages of FTTN
• Fiber infrastructure already exists in a location, only upgradation is essential from the node to the premises using a copper cable
• Customers can choose between fiber or copper installation
Disadvantages of Fiber to the Node
• The ratio of speed to price is poor
• Low upload speeds during high quality video communication, cloud computing services, and telecommuting
• Depending on the location, performance levels may vary, and speed drop off may occur over long distances
• Expensive to implement
• Use of old technology
• Makes upgrade to FTTP difficult
• High dependency on the local vendor
On the other hand, Fiber to the Home is another variation of telecommunication transmissions technology where fiber optic wires run directly to the subscriber’s house. Obviously, the speed rates delivered by this system are much higher. It does not use coaxial cable or twisted pair wiring methods. However, since the entire configuration is a complex procedure, telecom enterprises purchase a FTTH Network
Advantages of Fiber to the Home system
• Fast connection speeds
• Enough bandwidth
• Capable of handling futuristic Internet demands and uses
• Enables bundling of communication services using a single
• Equipped to support new technology such as 3D holographic
• Can manage increasing consumer demands
• Cost effective although infrastructural cost is high
• Opens new prospects for data transmission rate
Disadvantages of FTTH
• Roll out of the configuration is time-consuming
• Since the connection reaches the home directly, it implies
drilling of holes at the customer’s premises
Both the networks seem to have their own pros and cons. Nevertheless, it appears that FTTH does outperform FTTN in more ways than one.
Nevertheless, while devising the required network, it is imperative for companies to opt for Network Planning and Design Software or hire the services of a prudent and competent IT professional.
88 Cottontail Lane, Suite 420
Somerset, NJ, USA
Telephone: +1 (732) 981-0611
Computers Articles1. Laptops On Hire In Hyderabad And Chennai
2. How To Enable Or Disable Pop Up Blocker In Mozilla Firefox?
Author: Browser Support Team
3. Why To Go With Contract Management Software?
Author: James Blake
4. Die Nordvpn Erfahrung
Author: Die NordVPN Erfahrung
5. Few Suggestions To Choose The Best Data Recovery Software Vendor
Author: Sandra White
6. The Role Of Users In Media And Publishing Industry
7. Why Outsourcing Digital Marketing Is Wise?
Author: Anup Prasad
8. Boise Seo Company
Author: SEO Services Companies
9. Aol Customer Support Number 1-877-848-3933
Author: AOL Support
10. Breakfast Restaurants
Author: breakfast restaurants
11. Node Africa – Ontap Select Event Recap
Author: Daniel Gachara
12. How To Turn Off Junk E-mail Filtering
Author: Gaurav Singh
13. How To Change The Password In Yahoo Mail ?
Author: ravi lodhi
14. Hp Printer Wps Pin Problems And How To Hp Printer Different From Other Printers
Author: Rahul Singh
15. World Biggest Technical Service Provider Hp Tech Support In 2017
Author: Rahul Singh