ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dr. John Y. Chung Reviews Say Mohs Surgery Is Best Skin Cancer Fighter
Total Articles: 8
For most cancers, the most viable solution has always been to remove the tumor. Given that the tumor hasn't reached an advanced stage yet, surgery prevents it from growing out of control. This is especially true for skin cancer, whose tumor grows not as deep as other forms of cancer but can be equally dangerous.
The National Cancer Institute says there are five ways to remove a skin tumor, most notably the Mohs micrographic surgery. While similar to traditional methods, Mohs surgery reduces collateral damage. As many Dr. John Y. Chung reviews say, Mohs has done a lot to get rid of patients’ tumors. To illustrate, here's a comparison of Mohs and two other methods.
Excision Excision is, according to the dictionary, removing something by cutting it out. This can be performed in a lot of ways, but surgeons often perform elliptical excision to minimize scarring by orienting the scar to the creases' direction. Another type is shaving excision, designed to get rid of surface lesions.
Excision is ideal for tumors located anywhere but the face. Some patients may have an issue with the wide scar that may spur from the operation. Removal of the entire cancer colony may yield a bigger scar. According to studies, the effectiveness of an excision 20 mm wide is pegged at 95 percent.
Electrodessication and Curettage (EDC) EDC combines standard excision surgery with a weak electrical charge to kill any straggling cancer cells around the wound. The charge will come from a needle electrode to help minimize bleeding during the operation. The curette, a sharp, spoon-shaped surgical tool, is used for the traditional excision.
EDC, however, is a one-shot treatment at best. Experts say the procedure is effective for new skin cancers but not so much for recurring ones. Furthermore, EDC won't be effective for skin tumors that are more than 20 mm wide. Patients may also need to come back twice to continue the treatment.
Unlike the methods above, Mohs surgery was designed for pinpoint accuracy. Think of it as the bunker buster of skin cancer surgery, destroying a fortified position without causing serious damage to surrounding areas. This method, according to most Dr. John Y. Chung reviews, works best on any part of the skin, including the face. For more information, visit Cancer.gov.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat