ALL >> Health >> View Article
Learning From Patient Reviews Of Skin Cancer And Cosmetic Dermatology Center
Total Articles: 8
According to the latest report from the U.S. Surgeon General, about 63,000 new cases of melanoma are recorded every year, with an annual fatality of 9,000. It is speculated that indoor tanning and other means of exposure to UV light are to blame. Come summertime, development of skin cancer is likely.
Most Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Dermatology Center reviews show that many patients suffer from skin cancer. Though skin cancers do not initially mean death as they are usually treated by surgery, prevention is always better than cure. Here are some ways to prevent skin cancer from developing from the Skin Cancer Foundation:
Get in the Shade Between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
These hours are when the sun’s UV rays are strongest. Exposure to UV rays, specifically UVA and UVB rays) is the most common cause of skin cancer. Not only are these rays present during the summertime, they can also be present during the winter. Carrying an umbrella or staying inside until the hours pass will prevent formation of the disease.
Avoid Getting Sunburn
Getting sunburns means the higher risk of skin cancer. Use sunscreen with SPF15 or higher daily to block UV rays, even indirect ones. The higher the SPF, the stronger the resistance; thus a lower risk of getting skin cancer. Wearing dark-colored clothing may get hotter, but scientists say it does a better job at stopping UV rays before they reach the skin.
Scientists also say that you only need a short time in the sun to get your daily dose of Vitamin D. Prolonged exposure to artificial tanning isn't only unnecessary but dangerous as they have too much UVB rays that can damage unprotected skin. People who have fair skin, red or fair hair, have lots of moles and freckles, has a family background of skin cancer, and has been diagnosed with skin cancer before should avoid tanning.
Regular check-ups with your dermatologist will make you less prone to skin cancer, as revealed in most Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Dermatology Center reviews. If you want to know more about skin cancer and UV rays, visit the websites at sunsmart.co.uk and skincheck.org.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat