ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Google Updates Its Robots Text File Testing Tool
Total Articles: 7
Who would have thought that little text file in your root directory could be so important? Google obviously realizes the importance of crawling the web and caching content within websites while making it searchable. It is leaps and bounds above the competition in search engine technology and innovation. For years Google has enjoyed the leading market share of the search industry and overall presence on the web. They have cornered multiple markets on the internet and have expanded their sights and focus to just about every web concept imaginable.
The robots.txt file is placed in the main directory of most websites. You probably have a robots.txt file of your own if you have your own website. Search engines ask your sites permission to cache and crawl content by querying the robots.txt file in your root directory first. The robots.txt file, properly setup, allows or disallows content and directories to be cached and crawled. With a simple, "disallow," command in your robots.txt file, you would be limiting content that Google caches. You can answer for each directory located on your server separately. For instance, you may put a response in your robots.txt that allows Google or other search engines to crawl and cache your content in a specific directory such as "pictures." You however would not want Google to attempt to crawl or cache your "admin" directory. In this case, you simply tell Google via your robots.txt file to "disallow" the "admin" directory, preventing its contents and structure from being cached or crawled.
The robots.txt testing tool is located at Google Webmaster Tools website (https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/) under the "Crawl" section. Website administrators and webmasters are encouraged to test their robots.txt file for possible errors or warnings that could cause problems with Google crawling their websites. If you are having known problems with Google crawling your website, this tool will show you specifically where. This should also give you a good idea of what you need to do to fix it.
Ensuring the "Googlebot" can crawl elements on your site that you expect to be cached on it is search engine is important and relative to your web presence and search ranking. The more content you have available to be crawled and cached, the more visibility you will have on the web and specifically on Google.com. A well configured robots.txt file can direct Google or any search engine to the specific content you want shared, while also acknowledging which content should not be shared. Google's new updated robots.txt testing tool should take the hassle out of tracking down possible errors with your site and content being crawled or cached into Google's enormous and perpetually growing search results.
Search Optics Inc. is a leader in digital marketing solutions for the automotive industry. Search Optics’ car dealer SEO services include custom websites, search engine optimization, paid search and mobile solutions that generate leads which result in sales opportunities. Search Optics specializes in car dealer marketing and automotive SEO services.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
2. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
3. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
4. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article
5. 4 Trends In The Digital Marketing Sphere That Will Help You Generate More Sales
Author: Joseph Symons
6. Bulk Sms Reselling Business Oppurtunity – Smsjosh
7. Important Factors To Consider While Enlisting For Online Construction Directory
Author: John Tremblay
8. Custom Mobile Development For Businesses
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plug Your Business Into The Digital Age With 180 Fusion
10. Pay Per Click Management Service To Take Your Business To The Next Level
11. Pasadena Web Development
Author: web design pasadena
12. A Few Effective Tips To Ensure Best Operation Of Your Business Site
Author: Bit Zenith
13. 7 Ways Personal Reputation Management Services Help You Create A Strong Online Presence
Author: AKS Interactive
14. Email Automation An Effective Way For Engaging Customers
15. The Point To Point Guide To Boosting Your Google Rankings Without Getting Penalized