ALL >> Health >> View Article
Your Brief Summary Of Plastic Surgery
Total Articles: 89
If you are considering surgery to change your appearance, you should find out about plastic surgery from both a historical and present point of view.
Introduction to Plastic Surgery
As an elective surgery, plastic surgery often does not get the objective exposure it should. Advocates crow about the positive effects while critics argue the opposite. Rarely does either group really quote any undisputables about plastic surgery. Well, we do in this post.
Plastic surgery has a long history. Susrutha, an Indian surgeon, is the first known plastic surgeon, providing nose reconstruction services in the 8th century BC. The Romans had been recognized to carry out plastic surgery procedures to alter the look of ears. John P. Mettauer is generally agreed to be the first plastic surgeon in the United states, practicing in the 1820s. Plastikos is the base word for plastic surgery, meaning to mold some thing in Greek.
In more modern times, plastic surgery has come on strong as a method for altering appearances. The most common procedures with most popular first are liposuction, breast surgery, nose reshaping, eyelid lifts, tummy tucks and facelifts. In the last ten years, the quantity of plastic surgery procedures has quadrupled as the specialty has gained greater acceptance and publicity on tv shows.
When one thinks about plastic surgery, most assume it is ladies having their appearances modified. Generally, this is true. Roughly 80 % of all plastic surgery individuals are women, but the demographic is beginning to change. While 20 percent of patients are now males, the figure is expanding. Like ladies, men seek liposuction, nose reshaping, tummy tucks, and lifts. No, they don’t go in for breast enlargements, although breast reductions are expanding in recognition.
Somewhat controversial, teenagers are getting plastic surgery in growing numbers. Individuals under 18 most frequently focus on procedures associated with the skin, with skin peels and microdermabrasion procedures accounting for more than half of all procedures.
Historically, plastic surgery was a fairly uncommon procedure. As this overview reveals, media exposure and reduce prices mean that's simply no longer the case.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important