ALL >> Business >> View Article
Nocvue – A Guide To Choosing The Best Element Management System
Total Articles: 27
What is Element Management System?
An Element Management System (EMS) is a process to manage network elements (NE) on the NEL or the network element-management layer of a TMN model (Telecommunications Management Network) and it consists of various systems and applications.
EMS assists majorly in 5 key areas:
• Security (FCAPS)
The Element Management System helps in managing the functions of a particular NE, that is, it manages capabilities within one NE and not across multiple NEs. For communication across multiple NE, one requires a Network Management System (NMS).
Users may use EMS to manage the following elements:
• Cable telephony media gateway
• Video compression technology provider
• Wireless broadband provider
• Media gateway
• Soft switch
• Smart electricity meters
How Can a User Select the Best EMS?
For optimum results and convenience, users need to select the apt EMS. We list below a few features that every EMS should possess:
• Flexibility: Choose a protocol-neutral EMS that is highly customizable. One should select a system which gives an exhaustive choice of Southbound and Northbound protocols, such as SNMP, TL1, CLI, SOAP or Netconf, as well as plug-in own protocol and transport. It should also allow creation and preservation of the same system functionality irrespective of the hardware, Operating System, database, or the telecom domain.
• Customizable: Select an EMS that is customizable and which can easily adapt to new requirements. It should also support various OS, application servers, and various databases.
• Speed: The EMS must deliver swift time-to-market resolution, use fewer resources, and have adaptability in development without hampering the performance.
• Reliability: It is imperative to choose an EMS created by a company which is reliable and has a standing in the market.
• Cost-effective: Affordability is another important aspect of selecting the apt EMS.
• Availability: System designing needs correct availability hooks or else it can lead to waste of man power as well as finances.
• Scalability and Performance: Opt for an EMS that offers a scalable architecture designed to handle several domain environments. Meeting the performance requirements of its users is the main goal of any reliable EMS.
• Other Features: Some other important features include Intuitive KPI charts, Bulk Configuration Support, Syslogs Support, Support for Clustering, Support for Load Balancing, and more.
Hence, it is significant to invest in an EMS from a reputed EMS company which offers all the above-mentioned features and gives good value for money.
VELANKANI Communications Technologies Inc.
88 Cottontail Lane, Suite 420
Somerset, NJ, USA
Telephone: +1 (732) 981-0611
Article Reference : Network Management System
Business Articles1. Why You Must Discover The Piano
Author: Shanna Cazneaux
2. An Affordable Virtual Office Service
Author: Unknown Member
3. How To Get Debt Consolidation Loans With Lowest Interest Rates
Author: Nicole jiang
4. Purchasing Guide For Recreations Headphones
Author: Natasha Grice
5. The Best Email Marketing Software For Small Business
Author: Ravi Shankar Upahdyay
6. Carpet Cleaners In Orange County
7. How Moneylender Services Can Help You Consolidate Your Loan Requirement
Author: Nicole jiang
8. Carpet Cleaning In California
9. Crucial Industrial Lifting Accessories And Importance Of Their Inspection
Author: Asmita Lokhande
10. Easy Ways To Bring Down Your Heating & Cooling Costs
Author: Ron Neeley
11. Personalized Jute Bags Are A Must In 2017
12. Wedding Jute Bags - The Most Appealing Type Of Wedding Bags
13. Best Ticket Exchange Service
14. Jute Gift Bags - The Most Appealing And Eco-friendly Gift Bags
15. Fancy Jute Bags - How Fancy Can You Be?