ALL >> Business >> View Article
Nocvue – A Guide To Choosing The Best Element Management System
Total Articles: 26
What is Element Management System?
An Element Management System (EMS) is a process to manage network elements (NE) on the NEL or the network element-management layer of a TMN model (Telecommunications Management Network) and it consists of various systems and applications.
EMS assists majorly in 5 key areas:
• Security (FCAPS)
The Element Management System helps in managing the functions of a particular NE, that is, it manages capabilities within one NE and not across multiple NEs. For communication across multiple NE, one requires a Network Management System (NMS).
Users may use EMS to manage the following elements:
• Cable telephony media gateway
• Video compression technology provider
• Wireless broadband provider
• Media gateway
• Soft switch
• Smart electricity meters
How Can a User Select the Best EMS?
For optimum results and convenience, users need to select the apt EMS. We list below a few features that every EMS should possess:
• Flexibility: Choose a protocol-neutral EMS that is highly customizable. One should select a system which gives an exhaustive choice of Southbound and Northbound protocols, such as SNMP, TL1, CLI, SOAP or Netconf, as well as plug-in own protocol and transport. It should also allow creation and preservation of the same system functionality irrespective of the hardware, Operating System, database, or the telecom domain.
• Customizable: Select an EMS that is customizable and which can easily adapt to new requirements. It should also support various OS, application servers, and various databases.
• Speed: The EMS must deliver swift time-to-market resolution, use fewer resources, and have adaptability in development without hampering the performance.
• Reliability: It is imperative to choose an EMS created by a company which is reliable and has a standing in the market.
• Cost-effective: Affordability is another important aspect of selecting the apt EMS.
• Availability: System designing needs correct availability hooks or else it can lead to waste of man power as well as finances.
• Scalability and Performance: Opt for an EMS that offers a scalable architecture designed to handle several domain environments. Meeting the performance requirements of its users is the main goal of any reliable EMS.
• Other Features: Some other important features include Intuitive KPI charts, Bulk Configuration Support, Syslogs Support, Support for Clustering, Support for Load Balancing, and more.
Hence, it is significant to invest in an EMS from a reputed EMS company which offers all the above-mentioned features and gives good value for money.
VELANKANI Communications Technologies Inc.
88 Cottontail Lane, Suite 420
Somerset, NJ, USA
Telephone: +1 (732) 981-0611
Article Reference : Network Management System
Business Articles1. Household Shifting Services In Bangalore Mumbai Unionpackers
2. How Can You Lower Your Lcl Sea Freight Costs?
3. How To Keep Yourself Safe While Working At Heights
4. Opportunities For The Global Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2023
5. Floral Arrangement For The Perfect Summer Wedding
Author: John Miller
6. 5 Reasons Why Your Website Need Mobile App Development
Author: Anshul Sharma
7. A Gift For Planning Your Event
8. Why Is A Good Night Sleep Essential?
Author: Lewis Carroll
9. Sterlite Copper - The Journey Through Controversies
Author: Alanna Alberto
10. Enhancing Your Business Sales Using Wordpress
11. With Proper Training And Certificates, One Can Become An Expert Risk Manager
Author: George Hoover
12. Anand Enterprises
Author: Anand Enterprises
13. A Good Adwords Agency Is Things You Will Need For The Company!
Author: Magdalene Munter
14. Top Advantages Of Asphalt Seal Coating In Ontario
Author: Vadim Muravyev
15. Take Your Travel Experience Into Another Level By Exploring The Best Location Of India