ALL >> Business >> View Article
Nocvue – A Guide To Choosing The Best Element Management System
Total Articles: 26
What is Element Management System?
An Element Management System (EMS) is a process to manage network elements (NE) on the NEL or the network element-management layer of a TMN model (Telecommunications Management Network) and it consists of various systems and applications.
EMS assists majorly in 5 key areas:
• Security (FCAPS)
The Element Management System helps in managing the functions of a particular NE, that is, it manages capabilities within one NE and not across multiple NEs. For communication across multiple NE, one requires a Network Management System (NMS).
Users may use EMS to manage the following elements:
• Cable telephony media gateway
• Video compression technology provider
• Wireless broadband provider
• Media gateway
• Soft switch
• Smart electricity meters
How Can a User Select the Best EMS?
For optimum results and convenience, users need to select the apt EMS. We list below a few features that every EMS should possess:
• Flexibility: Choose a protocol-neutral EMS that is highly customizable. One should select a system which gives an exhaustive choice of Southbound and Northbound protocols, such as SNMP, TL1, CLI, SOAP or Netconf, as well as plug-in own protocol and transport. It should also allow creation and preservation of the same system functionality irrespective of the hardware, Operating System, database, or the telecom domain.
• Customizable: Select an EMS that is customizable and which can easily adapt to new requirements. It should also support various OS, application servers, and various databases.
• Speed: The EMS must deliver swift time-to-market resolution, use fewer resources, and have adaptability in development without hampering the performance.
• Reliability: It is imperative to choose an EMS created by a company which is reliable and has a standing in the market.
• Cost-effective: Affordability is another important aspect of selecting the apt EMS.
• Availability: System designing needs correct availability hooks or else it can lead to waste of man power as well as finances.
• Scalability and Performance: Opt for an EMS that offers a scalable architecture designed to handle several domain environments. Meeting the performance requirements of its users is the main goal of any reliable EMS.
• Other Features: Some other important features include Intuitive KPI charts, Bulk Configuration Support, Syslogs Support, Support for Clustering, Support for Load Balancing, and more.
Hence, it is significant to invest in an EMS from a reputed EMS company which offers all the above-mentioned features and gives good value for money.
VELANKANI Communications Technologies Inc.
88 Cottontail Lane, Suite 420
Somerset, NJ, USA
Telephone: +1 (732) 981-0611
Article Reference : Network Management System
Business Articles1. Best Lawn Mowing Maitland - Fox Mowing Nsw
Author: Gerry Caxton
2. Older Video Tapes Can Be Easily Played In New Players
3. Hiring A Professional For Creating Digital Videos
4. Best App To Buy Stocks
Author: Ahrvo Web
5. Btech Admissions, Eligibility, Fee & Placements
6. Accommodation And Tourist Activities
7. Great Things About Solar Equipment Leasing
Author: Ross Barkely
8. חיתוך בירושלים
Author: DOMER YAK
9. How To Reach Your Target Audience
Author: For more details on our products and services, ple
10. The India Top Education Blogs
Author: Education Portal
11. Kellyville General Practitioner
Author: Dinh Nguyen
12. How To Choose & Install Hardwood Floors
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and opera
13. Hajj Packages With Shifting And Non Shifting Hotels
Author: Hafiz Ibrahim
14. Three Effective Business Communication Skills You Must Master
Author: christopher kaspar
15. Aumazing Community - Strength In Numbers Part - I
Author: visit us at fitness center boston, back bay best r