ALL >> Business >> View Article
Specifications For Customizing Ceramic Foundry Filter
Total Articles: 1
Stainless steel is among those alloys which are in big demand these days. Due to its hard properties stainless steel is used in various devices, which are meant to be used over long period of time. This alloy is widely used in house cookware and cutleries, industrial equipment, home appliances, surgical instruments etc. Due to its non-corrosive properties it is used at places, where threat of rust and corrosion exists. Ceramic foundry filter is used to extract grades of steel from carbon to stainless in most steel foundries.
Ceramic foundry filter is one of the key ingredients in extraction process of stainless steel. There are various manufacturers of ceramic foundry filter and need to find out one, which can address to your needs. Basically, these ceramic filters are not of same sizes and shapes, and therefore are required to be customized for different industries according to their usages. You must keep your eyes on few specifications of ceramic filters while ordering for your steel foundry. Check with your manufacturer about various criteria of customizations for ceramic filters and get the one that exactly fits your equipments.
Criteria to keep in mind for ordering ceramic foundry filter
When you are about to order ceramic foundry filter for your steel foundry, you must keep watch on various criteria mentioned below. Most of these criteria are properties of the ceramic filters which manufacturer must abide by in manufacturing.
• Porosity of the filter – Porosity is the criteria to ascertain the void spaces present in any object. Ceramic filters also have certain amount of porosity and you must ask your manufacturer to maintain it according to the ideal standards for filter. For a steel foundry ideally ceramic foam filters must have a porosity percentage of 70-80%.
• Compressive strength – This criterion is another important one for any material that is used in industrial manufacturing process. Compressive strength makes sure that material doesn’t breakdown under pressure exerted upon it during building or manufacturing process. Ceramic filters are recommended to have a compressive strength of above 1.5 Mpa.
• Thermal Resistance – In a steel foundry, thermal resistance of ceramic foundry filter is of utmost importance. Thermal resistance defines the heat that any substance can tolerate and as molten steel is poured over ceramic filters; its thermal resistance must be high. Ideally, thermal density of ceramic filters should be 1400oC at Room temperature.
Apart from these physics dynamics there are other important guidelines which are required to be taken care of,
• Custom size – Due to its usages with different makes of machines, ceramic filters are needed to be customized properly in terms of its size. Therefore, ask your manufacturer to provide the custom size that fits your equipments.
• Custom shape – Just like sizes ceramic foundry filter is used in different shapes according to the place or equipment it is used. Check with your manufacturer, if they provide the shape you need.
• Custom pore size – This is another criterion for any ceramic filter that is customized according to the requirement.
These are very important criteria that every steel foundries must keep in mind while ordering ceramic foundry filter.
Tao Lu belongs to the foundry industry and frequently faces the requirement for zirconia ceramic foam filter in steel foundries. He relies upon Filtec Precision Ceramics Corporation (USA) to procure zirconia foundry filter characterized by high porosity, excellent resistance to thermal attack and stringent dimensional tolerance during production.
Business Articles1. Best Lawn Mowing Maitland - Fox Mowing Nsw
Author: Gerry Caxton
2. Older Video Tapes Can Be Easily Played In New Players
3. Hiring A Professional For Creating Digital Videos
4. Best App To Buy Stocks
Author: Ahrvo Web
5. Btech Admissions, Eligibility, Fee & Placements
6. Accommodation And Tourist Activities
7. Great Things About Solar Equipment Leasing
Author: Ross Barkely
8. חיתוך בירושלים
Author: DOMER YAK
9. How To Reach Your Target Audience
Author: For more details on our products and services, ple
10. The India Top Education Blogs
Author: Education Portal
11. Kellyville General Practitioner
Author: Dinh Nguyen
12. How To Choose & Install Hardwood Floors
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and opera
13. Hajj Packages With Shifting And Non Shifting Hotels
Author: Hafiz Ibrahim
14. Three Effective Business Communication Skills You Must Master
Author: christopher kaspar
15. Aumazing Community - Strength In Numbers Part - I
Author: visit us at fitness center boston, back bay best r