ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Volkswagen Receives Gold Medal For Sustainable Development
Total Articles: 4
When Volkswagen earned the gold medal recently for “sustainable development” from the famed World Environment Center it sent shock waves through the industry because “It raised the bar for auto makers to do likewise,” said a vehicle expert commenting online. In turn, Volkswagen officials said this 30th anniversary gold medal award is all about the company’s commitment to eco-mobility and environmental preservation. The award is also of value to male and female drivers who say they appreciate driving a car that was developed by a company that is constantly innovating, while having a super reputation for building quality motors.
"Volkswagen Group is deeply honored to be recognized by the World Environment Center for our endeavors to create a society where conservation and eco-mobility are truly standard practices, not the exception. Volkswagen will continue to seek forward-thinking solutions to address the environmental challenges of today and the future,” said Volkswagen official Christian Klinger when accepting the award during a ceremony in Washington, D.C., on May 15.
Volkswagen’s gold medal achievement
The good news for Volkswagen owners and fans of the company’s new line of “green” vehicles that save drivers lots of money on fuel. For instance, there are numerous online Testimonials from Volkswagen drivers who think this special gold medal award for sustainable development is “a clear sign that we own the right car for today.” In turn, the company’s so-called “holistic approach” to sustainability is all about instilling eco-conscious behaviors in each and every aspect of its commitment to build the best cars on the road today. For example, this new approach includes designs for the vehicle’s lifecycle that includes the eventual recycling of the motor when it is no longer operational.
According to a Volkswagen Group press release, the company’s gold medal winning submission was evaluated through a global competition with other like businesses. The jury awarded Volkswagen the gold medal for sustainable development in 2014 because it offered customers “the largest low carbon dioxide fleet” in today’s global automobile market.
The company’s efficient powertrain options include:
- Clean diesel motors
- Turbo Stratified Injection
- A line of affordable hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles
- The establishment of sustainability contracts with suppliers
- A commitment to providing efficiency training for all of the company’s global workforce
- A goal of achieving “the most efficient manufacturing facilities in the world”
In general, Volkswagen is bullish when it comes to its strong set of environmental principles when it comes to building the best “green” cars on the planet.
Volkswagen Group goes green
While any car manufacturer would welcome the famed World Environment Center’s 30th annual gold medal award for achievement in sustainable development, Volkswagen officials said winning this high honor is a clear indicator that the company is “green” environmentally for all the right reasons. For instance, the company’s website promotes winning the gold medal award for the company’s overall commitment to sustaining environmental standards over profits. Still, company officials explained how being “green” means more green buying power for Volkswagen customers who say they appreciate owning a vehicle that helps protect the environment, while helping drivers save money on fuel, parts and normal wear and tear on their vehicles.
Overall, the fact that Volkswagen earned the famed World Environment Center’s 30th annual gold medal award for achievement in sustainability speaks volumes for the car manufacturer today and down the road.
Riverside Volkswagen in Riverside is your full-service Volkswagen dealership, providing new and pre-owned Volkswagen cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. Our factory-trained service technicians have the latest information to keep your vehicle running at peak performance. If you are searching for Volkswagen dealers using the keywords VW Fontana CA or Fontana CA area VW dealers, visit our dealership today!
Automobiles Articles1. Cad Jobs: What Are The Different Options?
2. Ring Main Unit Market Worth Over 2.45 Billion Usd By 2022
Author: Markets and Markets
3. What Steps Can You Take To Build Credit Score As A Young Individual?
Author: jeffery reynold
4. What To Consider When Planning To Buy A Motorbike
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Brushless Dc Motors Market About To Hit $8.15 Billion By 2021
Author: Markets and Markets
6. Bridgewater Car Sales - Getting The Best Deal
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
7. Being A Driving Instructor, A Challenging Profession
Author: Nate Mcgahey
8. Making A Smart Choice With The Help Of Used Cars Butler Nj
Author: Precision Jeep
9. Know Some Key Advantages Of Availing Truck Rental Services
Author: Emma Denton
10. Yellow Vs. White Fog Lights: Make A Better Decision For Brighter Light
Author: Nathan Howard
11. Vehicle Electrification Market Worth 92.59 Billion Usd By 2022
Author: Mr. Shelly Singh
12. Add Style, Elegance And Luxury To Weddings - Hire Wedding Cars
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How To Check Out Any Local Garage First For Auto Repairs?
Author: Mark Josesh
14. Get Your Peugeot 208 Regularly Serviced
Author: Barry Sharp
15. 3 Great Mazda 2 Features For Learner Drivers
Author: Greg Dean