ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Experience New Zealand Adventure Tourism
Total Articles: 23
Some people go on vacation because they want to get some rest and relaxation. Others travel for precisely the opposite reason - for the rush of an adrenaline hit. Adventure travel and tourism continue to grow, and every year, people travel to other cities and countries in search of their next rush. New Zealand is a great destination for adventure junkies because, whether you're looking to ski down a mountain or jump out of an airplane, you have quite a lot of great options available.
As far as skiing down mountains is concerned, New Zealand has peaks aplenty. And when it comes to having a lot of skiing locations, it's hard to beat the South Island. If you find yourself there, there are around eleven ski spots which can be easily accessed from Christchurch, Queenstown and the surrounding areas. Or you could visit Taupo, since the slopes and inclines of Mount Ruapehu aren't that far away.
Another great place for skiing is Wanaka, with the famous Cardrona ski field located nearby. This ski field offers slopes for skiers at different levels experience levels, so whether you're a beginner who's still getting used to his skis - or someone with advanced skills who's looking for her next challenge - Cardrona will have something suitable to offer you.
New Zealand's adventure options aren't just limited to skiing and snowboarding though. For example, if you visit Taupo you'll find that you can go skydiving, bungy jumping, jet boating to the Huka Falls and much more, all within a few kilometres of each other. You can to enjoy this all against the backdrop of Lake Taupo, NZ's largest lake.
If you visit Wanaka, you'll also have options for skydiving close to Lake Wanaka, or jet boating in the Mount Aspiring National Park. Queenstown of course also has the world famous Shotover Jet which offers a few variations on the classic jet boat thrill.
Queenstown also offers many adventure options. If height is important to you when it comes to bungy jumping, you can try the Nevis. You'll be looking at a plummet of around 130 metres - so this one isn't for the kids! Or if you want your bungy to be a little more traditional, you can head for the bridge over the Kawarau River. There, you'll be given options which include ending your jump just above the river, or ending up completely immersed in the water.
These are just some of your options for adventure travel in New Zealand - it should give you a pretty good idea of what this country has to offer adrenaline junkies. Of course, at the end of the day, you're going to want a comfortable place to rest and recover. There are plenty of excellent motel and hotel choices on offer - the Bella Vista (http://staybellavista.co.nz) motel chain, for example, has motels in most centres where adventure tourism activities abound, including Queenstown, Wanaka, Christchurch and Taupo.
For more information on travel and accommodation in New Zealand visit Bella Vista's website (http://staybellavista.co.nz).
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara