ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Why Our Body Needs Antioxidants
Total Articles: 2
The nutrients or enzymes that are capable of counteracting the damage that is sourced by the free radicals are called as antioxidants. These radicals are generated by the sunlight's action, sometimes breathed in from the air or are extracted from food. Moreover, antioxidants play a vital role in preserving overall health. They are natural compounds that help to neutralize free radicals which can cause numerous types of diseases.
Free Radicals Damages DNA
Free radicals kill cells to acquire their missing molecule when they are on the attack. In conclusion, a cell's DNA alters resulting in cell mutation - growing and reproducing abnormally.
"If free radicals simply killed a cell, it wouldn't be so bad… the body could just regenerate another one," he says. "The problem is, free radicals often injure the cell, damaging the DNA, which creates the seed for disease." Source: www.webmd.com
Having a balanced diet with plenty of fresh vegetables, drinking fresh juices and antioxidant rich beverages like green tea especially Japanese green tea is one of the easiest ways to ensure that you are getting enough valuable antioxidants.
Fruits and vegetables containing Antioxidants
The best antioxidant sources are vitamins A, C and E. Plus, the products derived from plants, fruits and vegetables are among the top sources.
Some excellent choices include:
1. Berries and Cherries
2. Apples And Pears
3. Citrus Fruits
9. Red Kidney Beans or Black Beans.
Antioxidants in Beverages
Few types of beverages, but particularly Green tea, black tea, red wine and dark chocolate have been heavily promoted for their antioxidant benefits, as they include huge amount of natural polyphenols.
1. Green Tea:
Green tea contains a different type of antioxidant called catechins. Drinking green tea daily has the potential to not only reduce the risk of cancer but also the risk of reoccurring cancer, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. Consuming freshly brewed Green tea provides multiple benefits. It boosts up metabolism rate that assists you to stay lean. Plus, Green tea helps in fighting signs of ageing like wrinkles, fine lines, black-spots etc.
2. Dark chocolate:
Dark Chocolate has higher antioxidants than milk chocolate and rich in flavonoids. Pairing fresh berries with dark chocolate produces an antioxidant-powered snack.
3. Red Wine:
More antioxidants are found in red wine, such as Cabernet. Red wines contain resveratrol and a group of antioxidants called anthocyanins, which help to protect against cardiovascular disease and controls blood pressure.
Research has shown that antioxidants have also been implicated in the prevention of a number of diseases like...
2. Ageing signs- Wrinkles, black-spots etc.
3. Immune dysfunction
6. Cardiovascular disease
7. Macular degeneration
8. Cognitive impairment
A Varied Diet
Different parts of the body require diverse antioxidants. For instance, the flavonoids found in green tea, cocoa and chocolate are good for your heart, the beta carotene in carrots maintains eye health, lycopene in tomatoes contributes to prostate health, etc. The USDA recommends that you eat a varied diet in order to ensure that you get plenty of antioxidants in your daily diet.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Don’t Miss This Simplified Fact Sheet About Alkaline Water
Author: Hampry Gomes
2. The Right Occasion To Hire Pizza Catering
Author: Mario Andre
3. Food Delivery Australia Takeaway Order Online Ozfoodhunter
4. Best Beer And Food Pairings For Any Occasion
Author: Kevin Smith
5. Polar King International, Inc. To Exhibit At The 2017 Seafood Expo North American March 19-21
6. Tips To Making Chocolate With Chocolate Moulds
Author: Bhavik Vasa
7. Why Do People Adore Pizza?
Author: Mario Andre
8. Nutritional Drinks For Children - An Essential Part Of A Child’s Food Regimen
Author: Priya Bhatt
9. Reasons Why You Should Go American Restaurant In London For Your Next Dinning
Author: Mathew Gomes
10. Eight Reasons To Have Jaggery Powder In Our Kitchen
11. Basement Or Underground Wine Cellars Are More Fruitful To Install
Author: Jon Harper
12. Polar King International, Inc. To Demonstrate At The 2017 Midwest Foodservice Expo
13. Follow Safety Tips For Using Induction Cooker And Mixer Grinder
14. Thermodyne Foodservice Products, Inc. To Attend The 2017 Nacufs Northeast Regional Conference March
15. Polar Leasing Company, Inc. To Attend Catersource 2017 March 12-15 In New Orleans, Louisiana