ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Junkanoo- The Bahamian Splendor
Total Articles: 58
Bahamas is a beautiful archipelago country which is known for its warm climate, clear water, beautiful beaches and ecological treasure. It is considered to be one of the best holiday destinations in the world. Apart from being beautiful it has a rich history as well. Bahamas is truly an amalgamation of too many things. Bahamian people are also very friendly and follow their rich cultural heritage. But, what remains unique to Bahamas is Junkanoo. Junkanoo is a street parade that happens on Boxing Day (26th December) and new years’ day every year in the beautiful country of Bahamas. More than parade, Junkanoo is cultural heritage. It is a fun filled carnival having dance, music and splendor. Music and dance is at the heart of every Bahamian. It is way they express themselves. If you get to visit the Bahamas at the yearend, you will have the opportunity to be a part of Bahamian Yuletide celebration at the Junkanoo.
Though the history of Junkanoo parade is not very clear, and there are several versions of it. But, one thing is true that it is a centuries old practice that has now become a cultural extravaganza. It is one of the most entertaining carnivals of the world.
The exuberant costumes, scintillating dance and enchanting music in the parade are inspired by a different theme each time and several months of practice goes in its preparation. Junkanoo which is one of the oldest street festivals in the world has some connections with western Africa which is visible in its dance, music and tradition of masks. Earlier it was celebrated in almost all the Caribbean islands, but now it is unique to Bahamas.
Junkanoo parade begins hours before sunrises from the highways of Nassau and continues till the late morning hours. The energy of the dancers and the rhythm of the music encourage the vast crowds of followers and viewers to shake their legs. When the Junkanoo parade ends, best costume, best music and best group are awarded by the jury.
It is important to plan your trip if you want to attend Junkanoo. Hotels in the Bahamas fill up fast during Junkanoo, so it's required that you make reservations in advance. Your costume is also equally important so, you need to get it ready as far ahead as possible. Instead of buying a dress you can custom design it for yourself. You can make a headdress, harnesses, wings etc. yourself with feathers. You should look for a wholesale feather supplier to get good quality feathers at reasonable price. Peacock feather look amazing on a carnival costume. You should buy wholesale peacock feathers to make your wings or headdress.
Junkanoo contains an element of ecstasy that is spread in the air. Maybe the true spirit of Junkanoo can best described by what many Bahamians believe as their way of expressing thanks to God for another year of life. It is therefore sure that you will have a great time coming to beautiful island of Bahamian for Junganoo.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How Beneficial The Online Shopping Is!
2. How Convenient The Online Shopping Is!
3. The Best Anniversary Plans That Can Make You Invincible
Author: Anand Tiwari
4. Solitaire Diamond Engagement Rings For Your Bride To Be
Author: Jewellery Cluster
5. Firdous Lawn Collection 2018
6. Be Acquainted With The Advantages Of Using Bathroom Accessories
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
7. Loungewear For Womens That Encapsulate Versatility And Comfort
Author: Alice Berry
8. Invicta Pro Diver 200m Quartz Blue Dial Inv9204/9204 Mens Watch: Bluesy Enough To Be Appreciated
Author: Jasson Ca
9. Kylie Lipkit-the Perfect Lip-kit, The Best Combination Of Style And Fashion
10. Nixon Corporal Quartz A346-510-00 Men’s Watch: Goodness In An Economical Package
11. Save Energy And Water With The Best Dishwasher For Kitchen
Author: John Oddile
12. The Luxurious Models Of Business Card Holders
Author: Sahah Chan
13. A Look At The Learning Environment In List Of International School In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
14. Buy Julius Marlow Shoes & Feel Comfortable
Author: Green Footwear
15. Fossil Grant Chronograph Leather Fs5118 Mens Watch: An Inexpensive, Modern Classic
Author: Jason Ca