ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Useful Information About The Uso Dmz Tour
Total Articles: 4
Have you visited South or North Korea? If not, a well-organized DMZ tour can take you to the right places rather than travelling on your own. When it is a guided trip, you can avoid the unnecessary scrutiny at checkpoints. This region is said to be the most highly fortified border in the world.
The Demilitarized zone
The DMZ tour divides North and South Korea and it came into being in July 1953 when an uneasy peace agreement was signed between the UN-backed South Korea and the North Korean Socialists after the Korean War. Strangely, this region is also a hot tourist spot attracting thousands of visitors every year. Tourists are allowed only at Panmunjom and it appears quite surreal. The classy and sophisticated train station is even stranger as there is no one around except the tourists. The MDL or the ‘Military Demarcation Line’ is a significant point in the region. There is a restless ceasefire here; there have been several clashes. North Korean soldiers used tunnels to attack South Korea; these have been sealed after that.
The United Service Organizations Tour
There are numerous tours when you visit this part of the world; but the USO tour although expensive is interesting as you can visit the JSA or Joint Security Area. The third tunnel which connects Seoul to North Korea was uncovered in 1978. It was used by the North Koreans to attack the capital of South Korea. Photographs are prohibited here. From the Dora Observatory you can use a binoculars to see a little of North Korea. The train station at Dorasan is well built; unfortunately, it is not used. Camp Bonifas is an important military installation and most USO trips begin here. At JSA you can find blue buildings; this is where formal talks between the two countries take place. Tourists are instructed to strictly follow the dress code.
The Restless Peace
Only a USO DMZ tour can give you the right perspective of the cold war situation in this part of the world. Technically speaking, this may be true as the mountains and hills dividing North and South Korea are guarded heavily. However, the irony is that the place looks absolutely serene. With birds of all kinds plunging the unscathed marshlands, you are doubtful if this area is really a war-torn region. You can experience a sense of unsettled peace in the lush green hillsides. At Panmunjom is the Joint Security Area or JSA which is a military complex. It is here that the effects of the Korean War can be seen and felt. At Panmunjom, tourists can also visit the popular Imjingak Park as well as the stunning mountains and rivers of Cheorwon.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler