ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Making Our Own Jewelry: A Tutorial Brief
Total Articles: 4
Today’s market of costume/fashion jewelry is extremely cluttered. There are plenty of wholesale costume jewelry sellers and makers who abundantly supply retailers. The major problem with such a stock is the commonness in design and aesthetical aspect. Any piece/set bought from a wholesale costume jewelry supply chain will most likely repeat in someone else’s body. Fresh designs are also available but at a cost not agreeable by many. The last resort is “Do it Yourself” (DIY) and create fashion jewelry with desired designs.
It is an interesting art and can potentially engage enthusiasts for long. A tutorial is being discussed below which renders enough opportunity to experiment our creative ideas in craftsmanship. The instructions are very basic and generic and must not be taken for granted. The primary idea is to initiate a hint about the approach.
The materials required in the making differs from project to project. The list can include the likes of materials such as fabric, wire, chain, pearls, lockets, clay, and paper etc. The invariable list of tools consists of the following:
• Jewelry Pliers with a flat inside edge
• Scale, and other basic
Example & Methodology
Let us look at an example of making one of the most sought after ornament in the category of fashion jewelry. The best jewelry wholesale marketplaces are swarming with cut out bib necklaces of varying designs. It would definitely be an amazing experience to create an own design.
The foremost step is to design the necklace on paper. The other pre-requisites are –
• Piece of leather, 3mm thick and color can be of the maker’s choice
• A printout of the design template – the size of the leather piece will depend on the template size
• Jewelry chain according to the level of comfort and neck size & fit
• 4 jump rings that match the chain
• Lobster clasp that match the chain
• Chalk or marker pen
• Cardboard or cutting mat/board
• Scissors or craft knife
• Jewelry Pliers
• Leather punch tool (optional)
The subsequent steps are as follows:
1. Cut the printout of the template using the craft knife to perfection, leaving all the gaps.
2. Place the cutout and place it on the leather piece and use the marker to draw borders around it to create a replica of the design.
3. Cut out the pattern in the leather piece just like in the paper.
4. Use the awn to create two hole on the symmetrical corners of the leather cutout.
5. Use pliers to open a jump ring to feed it through these holes and through the end link of the chain length. Close the jump ring for both holes.
6. Join one of the jump rings to the lobster clasp to finish.
Brad Davis provide tips to make sure that you are always looking your best in fashion jewelry, wholesale costume jewelry and costume jewelry.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Be A Show Stopper With Michael Kors Bags!
2. 5 T-shirt Designs That Will Never Go Out Of Fashion
Author: Maulik Shah
3. What Are The Benefits Of Buying African Fabrics?
Author: Anil kumar
4. What Is The Perfect Business Attire For Women?
5. How To Look More Confident In Your Business Attire?
6. What Kind Of Skirt Suits Is Mostly Appropriate In Offices?
7. Luminox Land Sentry 0200 Series Swiss Quartz 100m Xl.0201.bo Men's Watch| When Hands-free Timekeepin
Author: Jasson C
8. Find Beautiful Designer Jackets For Womens Online
9. Factors To Consider When Buying High Heels
Author: Sam u
10. Bridesmaid Dresses - Get Your Bridesmaids Shine On Your Wedding Day
11. We Wanted To Create Something The Kids Wanted To Wear And Look Really Smart In
Author: nilesh Thakkar
12. The Useful Way To Choose Affordable Ball Gown Wedding Dress
13. Finding Uk Plus Size Swimwear Quickly And Easily
14. Why Diamond Jewelry Is The Best For Every Occasion
Author: Archana Pandit
15. All Kinds Of Occasion Dresses
Author: Ariel Udress.co.nz