ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Making Our Own Jewelry: A Tutorial Brief
Total Articles: 4
Today’s market of costume/fashion jewelry is extremely cluttered. There are plenty of wholesale costume jewelry sellers and makers who abundantly supply retailers. The major problem with such a stock is the commonness in design and aesthetical aspect. Any piece/set bought from a wholesale costume jewelry supply chain will most likely repeat in someone else’s body. Fresh designs are also available but at a cost not agreeable by many. The last resort is “Do it Yourself” (DIY) and create fashion jewelry with desired designs.
It is an interesting art and can potentially engage enthusiasts for long. A tutorial is being discussed below which renders enough opportunity to experiment our creative ideas in craftsmanship. The instructions are very basic and generic and must not be taken for granted. The primary idea is to initiate a hint about the approach.
The materials required in the making differs from project to project. The list can include the likes of materials such as fabric, wire, chain, pearls, lockets, clay, and paper etc. The invariable list of tools consists of the following:
• Jewelry Pliers with a flat inside edge
• Scale, and other basic
Example & Methodology
Let us look at an example of making one of the most sought after ornament in the category of fashion jewelry. The best jewelry wholesale marketplaces are swarming with cut out bib necklaces of varying designs. It would definitely be an amazing experience to create an own design.
The foremost step is to design the necklace on paper. The other pre-requisites are –
• Piece of leather, 3mm thick and color can be of the maker’s choice
• A printout of the design template – the size of the leather piece will depend on the template size
• Jewelry chain according to the level of comfort and neck size & fit
• 4 jump rings that match the chain
• Lobster clasp that match the chain
• Chalk or marker pen
• Cardboard or cutting mat/board
• Scissors or craft knife
• Jewelry Pliers
• Leather punch tool (optional)
The subsequent steps are as follows:
1. Cut the printout of the template using the craft knife to perfection, leaving all the gaps.
2. Place the cutout and place it on the leather piece and use the marker to draw borders around it to create a replica of the design.
3. Cut out the pattern in the leather piece just like in the paper.
4. Use the awn to create two hole on the symmetrical corners of the leather cutout.
5. Use pliers to open a jump ring to feed it through these holes and through the end link of the chain length. Close the jump ring for both holes.
6. Join one of the jump rings to the lobster clasp to finish.
Brad Davis provide tips to make sure that you are always looking your best in fashion jewelry, wholesale costume jewelry and costume jewelry.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. How To Choose Halloween Costume For Charming Look?
2. Purchase Best Designer Kurtis Online
Author: Sonali Lad
3. Pilaeo Charms With Mens Floral And Printed Shorts Selection
4. 5 Wardrobe Staples For Ethnic Wear In India
Author: Swapna Yadav
5. Why Fashion Is Important For Adolescents Too…….
Author: Nilesh Thakkar
6. Handcrafted To Perfection, Jewelry That Agelessly Beautify Us
Author: Olivia Henriques
7. Great Things Worth Knowing About Plus Size Styling
Author: Hampry Gomes
8. Embrace Your Beauty With Unique Alma Jewelry
Author: Liza Miele
9. Ladies!! Grab On Beatbox Premium Apparels To Stand Out From The Crowd
10. Omega De Ville Prestige Co-axial Chronometer 422.214.171.124.02.002 Mens Watch| Understated, Elegant, C
Author: Jasson C
11. The Bold And Stylish Leather Bags For Men
Author: Sanjay Saha
12. Tips For Buying A New Mattress
13. Don’t Miss The Trend Of Stylish Dresses
Author: Prazat Kumai
14. Create A Style Statement In Short Sleeves T-shirt, Dad Hats And Snapbacks
15. Unique And Unknown Features Of African Fabrics And Clothes
Author: anil kumar