ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Making Our Own Jewelry: A Tutorial Brief
Total Articles: 4
Today’s market of costume/fashion jewelry is extremely cluttered. There are plenty of wholesale costume jewelry sellers and makers who abundantly supply retailers. The major problem with such a stock is the commonness in design and aesthetical aspect. Any piece/set bought from a wholesale costume jewelry supply chain will most likely repeat in someone else’s body. Fresh designs are also available but at a cost not agreeable by many. The last resort is “Do it Yourself” (DIY) and create fashion jewelry with desired designs.
It is an interesting art and can potentially engage enthusiasts for long. A tutorial is being discussed below which renders enough opportunity to experiment our creative ideas in craftsmanship. The instructions are very basic and generic and must not be taken for granted. The primary idea is to initiate a hint about the approach.
The materials required in the making differs from project to project. The list can include the likes of materials such as fabric, wire, chain, pearls, lockets, clay, and paper etc. The invariable list of tools consists of the following:
• Jewelry Pliers with a flat inside edge
• Scale, and other basic
Example & Methodology
Let us look at an example of making one of the most sought after ornament in the category of fashion jewelry. The best jewelry wholesale marketplaces are swarming with cut out bib necklaces of varying designs. It would definitely be an amazing experience to create an own design.
The foremost step is to design the necklace on paper. The other pre-requisites are –
• Piece of leather, 3mm thick and color can be of the maker’s choice
• A printout of the design template – the size of the leather piece will depend on the template size
• Jewelry chain according to the level of comfort and neck size & fit
• 4 jump rings that match the chain
• Lobster clasp that match the chain
• Chalk or marker pen
• Cardboard or cutting mat/board
• Scissors or craft knife
• Jewelry Pliers
• Leather punch tool (optional)
The subsequent steps are as follows:
1. Cut the printout of the template using the craft knife to perfection, leaving all the gaps.
2. Place the cutout and place it on the leather piece and use the marker to draw borders around it to create a replica of the design.
3. Cut out the pattern in the leather piece just like in the paper.
4. Use the awn to create two hole on the symmetrical corners of the leather cutout.
5. Use pliers to open a jump ring to feed it through these holes and through the end link of the chain length. Close the jump ring for both holes.
6. Join one of the jump rings to the lobster clasp to finish.
Brad Davis provide tips to make sure that you are always looking your best in fashion jewelry, wholesale costume jewelry and costume jewelry.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Make It A Post Valentine’s Engagement
Author: Olivia E Shoemaker
2. Essential Items That Powerful Businesswomen Must Have In Their Wardrobe
Author: Ashish Malik
3. Do You Need A New Style Fashion Consultant?
Author: Scott Wolstein
4. 6 Tips And Tricks For Unique Mother's Day Gift Buying
Author: Annie Reh
5. 3 Dazzling Dresses That Make Your 30-something Bridesmaids Look Like A Million Bucks
Author: Jane Wang
6. Buy Xxxl T Shirts Online In India
Author: Prashant Shrivastav
7. Casio G-shock Analog Digital Ga-110dc-2a Men’s Watch
Author: Jasson C
8. Why Shoe Trees Are Essential For Your Blucher Shoe Care
Author: Dan Zapatka
9. Commonly Faced Issues In The Fashion Industry
Author: Olivia James
10. Fashion Designing Course In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
11. Set Out For Party With These Fashion Tips – Men’s Fashion Guide
Author: Anshul Mewade
12. Quelled Earrings - Fancy Yet Light On Your Lobes
Author: Stylofi Fashion
13. Fashion Designing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
14. Green Wall In Delhi Ncr
15. Citizen Eco-drive Chronograph Ca0285-01e Mens Watch : Sharp, Simple And Spectacular
Author: Jasson C