ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Stronger, Better, Faster. They Have The Technology
Total Articles: 4
Next time you take your Audi in to get serviced, watch. See if your mechanic has a little white stand that follows him around. No, you aren't going crazy; just this week Audi has come out with something that will make getting your vehicle serviced so much easier. And Audi drivers and dealerships alike could not be more excited. Audi USA News is quoted as saying "Audi Technical Assistance consultants will be able to remotely diagnose vehicle problems." Think of it as a sort of Skype for mechanics.
This breakthrough is the first of its kind, and will be able to improve service speed as well as accuracy. Not only that, the service robots will be able to relay any problems to Audi factories, ensuring any glitches will be fixed in the factory. The Audi Robotic Telepresence, nicknamed ART, provides a one-on-one virtual link between Audi dealers and Audi service technicians at Audi of America. It was designed and created by a New Hampshire based company called VGo Communications. VGo has created similiar technology that is used in hospitals and schools. In Audi's case, ART allows technicians to remotely inspect and assess a vehicle as if they were there.
This system is very advanced, displaying the face of the technician while allowing the system to move through and around the vehicle. There are speakers and microphones to better enable the two technicians to speak to each other. This allows them to interact with service technicians already with the car, enabling a better level of service. Audi Technical Assistance will be the primary operators of ART in addition to regionally based Technical Field Managers. All they will need is Wi-Fi, a consultant, and a computer. The ART will come with a bore scope and a handheld camera for the technicians on hand to better diagnose problems that might be hard for the robot to access.
So what exactly does this mean for Audi owners, both now and in the future? It means better in-depth service, faster, with a bit of pay-it-forward with the ART's ability to diagnose problems and apply the solution to future models. It means peace of mind, knowing the problem will be fixed. It means less time taken out of your day to deal with any problems. Audi Robotic Telepresence is still in a test pilot program in eighteen locations nationwide currently, though 100 dealerships are expected to have ART very soon.
Keyes Audi in Los Angeles is your full-service Audi dealership, providing new and pre-owned Audi cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. Our factory-trained service technicians will keep your vehicle running at peak performance. If you are searching for Audi dealers in Los Angles using the keywords Audi dealerships in LA or Los Angeles area Audi dealership, visit our Keyes Audi dealership today!
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai