ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Stronger, Better, Faster. They Have The Technology
Total Articles: 4
Next time you take your Audi in to get serviced, watch. See if your mechanic has a little white stand that follows him around. No, you aren't going crazy; just this week Audi has come out with something that will make getting your vehicle serviced so much easier. And Audi drivers and dealerships alike could not be more excited. Audi USA News is quoted as saying "Audi Technical Assistance consultants will be able to remotely diagnose vehicle problems." Think of it as a sort of Skype for mechanics.
This breakthrough is the first of its kind, and will be able to improve service speed as well as accuracy. Not only that, the service robots will be able to relay any problems to Audi factories, ensuring any glitches will be fixed in the factory. The Audi Robotic Telepresence, nicknamed ART, provides a one-on-one virtual link between Audi dealers and Audi service technicians at Audi of America. It was designed and created by a New Hampshire based company called VGo Communications. VGo has created similiar technology that is used in hospitals and schools. In Audi's case, ART allows technicians to remotely inspect and assess a vehicle as if they were there.
This system is very advanced, displaying the face of the technician while allowing the system to move through and around the vehicle. There are speakers and microphones to better enable the two technicians to speak to each other. This allows them to interact with service technicians already with the car, enabling a better level of service. Audi Technical Assistance will be the primary operators of ART in addition to regionally based Technical Field Managers. All they will need is Wi-Fi, a consultant, and a computer. The ART will come with a bore scope and a handheld camera for the technicians on hand to better diagnose problems that might be hard for the robot to access.
So what exactly does this mean for Audi owners, both now and in the future? It means better in-depth service, faster, with a bit of pay-it-forward with the ART's ability to diagnose problems and apply the solution to future models. It means peace of mind, knowing the problem will be fixed. It means less time taken out of your day to deal with any problems. Audi Robotic Telepresence is still in a test pilot program in eighteen locations nationwide currently, though 100 dealerships are expected to have ART very soon.
Keyes Audi in Los Angeles is your full-service Audi dealership, providing new and pre-owned Audi cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. Our factory-trained service technicians will keep your vehicle running at peak performance. If you are searching for Audi dealers in Los Angles using the keywords Audi dealerships in LA or Los Angeles area Audi dealership, visit our Keyes Audi dealership today!
Automobiles Articles1. Car Dealers Perfect Way To Get The Used Car
2. Benefits Of Hiring A Taxi And How You Can Make Full Use Of It
Author: Dave Woods
3. Importance Of The Development Of Rugged Dc Dc Converter
Author: Lilly Allen
4. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
5. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
6. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
7. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
9. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
10. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
11. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
12. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
13. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
14. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India