ALL >> Career >> View Article
How To Make It Big In The World Of Fashion (tips For A Budding Model)?
Total Articles: 4
There are no short-cuts to success. You have to work hard, and wait for your time.
I have met hundreds of models. I love meeting them and listening to their future plans.
Almost all of them want to make it big and enter Bollywood. Till this point, everything looks great and optimistic. And then they start talking about the short-cuts to the top. And this is what terrifies me the most.
What most of the budding models fail to understand is that there are no short-cuts to success; short-cuts do not take you anywhere, expect frustration and disappointment.
Here are some tips that I always end-up sharing with them, and hope they will practice them:
Build up right contacts
Just like any other industry, fashion industry too is full of good people and bad people. During your search for new assignments, you will meet both. You just have to do this: stay away from those who misguide you and build up list of those who are genuine and interested in guiding you to the top.
Often this is not hard to decide who is what.
Do not share your contact details like pamphlets
I have met some cool models who share their contact details with whoever they meet in parties and events. Please do not do this.
Sharing contact information like this puts you in bad light and shows to the other person how despair you are for the work. Share your contact details with only those who you know well and are comfortable with. One more thing – you should keep yourself abreast of the latest and best fashion trends in India.
Share your profiles on leading fashion portals
This is especially beneficial for up-and-coming fashion models; even established models keep their profiles up on some of these sites.
There are some fashion websites that let the budding models upload their photos and bio. It is here that the top companies and designers can spot the models and hire them. These sites keep Indian fashion designers directory which may help you search the best designers of the country in a minute. Many of these websites are free, which means you do not need to pay anything for publishing your profiles on these sites. However, these efforts do pay off.
Search through Google and you’ll come across these websites. However, make sure you upload your profiles only on those sites that you can trust upon.
Last, but not the least, you should keep yourself abreast of the latest and best fashion trends in India. Also being a successful model is about being fit and trendy. So do invest in good clothes, makeup and gymming. And you should stay away from those who make false, tall promises.
Want to reach the top of the fashion industry? Work hard in the smart way. Keep abreast of the latest and best fashion trends in India. For more, please read our other articles.
Career Articles1. Tips To Hire The Right Freelance Graphic Designer In Los Angeles
Author: Tim Donnelly
2. Recruitment Revamped! Questions For A Job Interview That Need Serious Reviewing!
Author: Aman Khare
3. What's The Stage Of Command Training Applications?
Author: Ross Barkely
4. Finding Digital Marketing Jobs In Bangalore
5. Beginnen Wir Mit Den Basics Für Mode Und Schönheit
6. Do’s And Don’ts For Microsoft Training
Author: Mukesh Kumar
7. Disabled People And Internet Home Jobs
Author: Ross Berkely
8. Career Options After Distance Mba Course In Retail Management
Author: Jitendra D
9. Best 8 Countries For Overseas Education And Jobs
Author: orion study abroad
10. How Can A Student Visa Consultant Help You From Getting Your Visa Rejected?
Author: Pranati Roy
11. Top Institutes In Clinical Research In Hyderabad
12. Clifford Beaumont: Uk Retail Sales Tumble
13. Couldn’t Crack Pre-engineering Test? Don’t Worry, Industrial Training Programs Are Here!
14. Top 4 Diploma Courses After 12th Fit For Both Boys And Girls
15. Which Is Best Institute To Learn Digital Markeing In Delhi-ncr?
Author: rakesh verma