ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Installation Process Of Corrugated Roofing SheetsBy Expert Author: Steve Lindsay
Adaptability is one of the strongest human characters that have helped mankind to cope with various natural and manmade adversities. You can take example of people living in high rainfall area. Due of heavy rainfall, rainwater logs on the roof top, therefore basic theme is to have a sloppy roof top which helps in easy exit of water automatically like having corrugated roofing sheets for the roof. This is one of the strongest and viable solutions for roofing in high rainfall areas.
There are various advantages of having a corrugated sheets roof. Many people believe that this roof create loud noise when it rains, however, this is not true and is based on personal assumptions. In realty, these sheets create as little sound as you will witness in tradition roofs. You can use self tapping screw to lay this sheet on your roof. Importantly, you can “Do It Yourself” by using the following method.
Installing corrugated roofing sheets
The process of installing corrugated roofing sheets is quick and you can do it yourself with bare minimum tools, equipments and experience. Important tools used in installation of these sheets are panel cutter, self tapping screw and drilling machine for making holes in the sheets. Here is the procedure,
• Measuring and cutting the panel – Standard size roofing sheets are available in 32’ length. You need to measure the length required for one side of the roof and cut number of pieces required according to the roof width. For cutting the sheets you can use circular saw or a jigsaw with metal blades. Important calculation for cutting is required if you want to complete the lap, you must allow 18’ for covering the lap.
• Pre-drilling holes on ridge specifications – You need to drill holes on the ridge of the sheets and for doing that you need to follow the standard specifications recommended for the same. You need to use 3/16 inch drill bit, as it is considered best for drilling roofing sheets. Also, maintain a space of 6-8’ from hole to the side of the sheet. Though, there is not any recommended spacing specification for distance between two holes, yet you need to measure total roofing length and calculate the distance. Try to make a hole within every 24-30’’. It will hold your roof tightly.
• Placing the panels - While placing panels, you need to have a wooden frame for resting panels. Wooden frame have two components – firstly, trusses which is vertical arrangement and secondly, purlins which is horizontal. Start covering from the one side edge of purlins. Always put a wooden or plastic strip to close the ends of sheet, else rain will get in through this gap.
• Screwing the sheets – Screw down the sheets with self tapping screw through the pre-drilled holes in the sheet and place polycarbonate washers with each screw to avoid water leakage.
• Placing the ridge cap – After your have screwed the both side roofing, place ridge cap across the panel at the mid peak joint.
This process helps you to do it yourself exercise of installing corrugated roofing sheets.
Steve Lindsay highlights the growing demand of self tapping screw in the installation of polycarbonate corrugated roofing sheets and provides very useful information about it in his articles. He has found that Tuflite Polymers is the leading manufacturer and supplier of Tuffix self tapping screws. Visit Tuflite.com for more details!
Home and Garden Articles1. We Have The Food Like No Other
2. We Are Always At Your Service All Daylong
3. The Home For Your Taste
4. How To Decide The Right Material For Retaining Walls
Author: Daniel Maxted
5. How To Make Your Bathroom Smart & Luxurious
Author: Nicholas Gabb
6. Common Types Of Ipe Siding Patterns
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. Major Benefits Of Ipe Decking
Author: Edmund Brunetti
8. Wood Staining Experts Can Help Improve The Value Of Your Home
Author: Jordan Baxter
9. Instructions To Replace A Water Heater Thermostat
Author: Ring Hot Water
10. Why You Should Consider Doing Electrical Maintenance Of Your Home In 2017?
Author: Mark Dean
11. Top Reasons To Install Plantation Shutters In Your Home
Author: Stewart Graham
12. The Major Reasons Of Installing Outdoor Blinds
Author: Darcy Morley
13. Hire End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne Services For Full Bond Amount Return
14. More Living Space: 5 Great Garage Conversion Ideas
Author: Mary Morris
15. Why Replacement Windows Are Worth It
Author: Mary Morris