ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Installation Process Of Corrugated Roofing Sheets
Total Articles: 28
Adaptability is one of the strongest human characters that have helped mankind to cope with various natural and manmade adversities. You can take example of people living in high rainfall area. Due of heavy rainfall, rainwater logs on the roof top, therefore basic theme is to have a sloppy roof top which helps in easy exit of water automatically like having corrugated roofing sheets for the roof. This is one of the strongest and viable solutions for roofing in high rainfall areas.
There are various advantages of having a corrugated sheets roof. Many people believe that this roof create loud noise when it rains, however, this is not true and is based on personal assumptions. In realty, these sheets create as little sound as you will witness in tradition roofs. You can use self tapping screw to lay this sheet on your roof. Importantly, you can “Do It Yourself” by using the following method.
Installing corrugated roofing sheets
The process of installing corrugated roofing sheets is quick and you can do it yourself with bare minimum tools, equipments and experience. Important tools used in installation of these sheets are panel cutter, self tapping screw and drilling machine for making holes in the sheets. Here is the procedure,
• Measuring and cutting the panel – Standard size roofing sheets are available in 32’ length. You need to measure the length required for one side of the roof and cut number of pieces required according to the roof width. For cutting the sheets you can use circular saw or a jigsaw with metal blades. Important calculation for cutting is required if you want to complete the lap, you must allow 18’ for covering the lap.
• Pre-drilling holes on ridge specifications – You need to drill holes on the ridge of the sheets and for doing that you need to follow the standard specifications recommended for the same. You need to use 3/16 inch drill bit, as it is considered best for drilling roofing sheets. Also, maintain a space of 6-8’ from hole to the side of the sheet. Though, there is not any recommended spacing specification for distance between two holes, yet you need to measure total roofing length and calculate the distance. Try to make a hole within every 24-30’’. It will hold your roof tightly.
• Placing the panels - While placing panels, you need to have a wooden frame for resting panels. Wooden frame have two components – firstly, trusses which is vertical arrangement and secondly, purlins which is horizontal. Start covering from the one side edge of purlins. Always put a wooden or plastic strip to close the ends of sheet, else rain will get in through this gap.
• Screwing the sheets – Screw down the sheets with self tapping screw through the pre-drilled holes in the sheet and place polycarbonate washers with each screw to avoid water leakage.
• Placing the ridge cap – After your have screwed the both side roofing, place ridge cap across the panel at the mid peak joint.
This process helps you to do it yourself exercise of installing corrugated roofing sheets.
Steve Lindsay highlights the growing demand of self tapping screw in the installation of polycarbonate corrugated roofing sheets and provides very useful information about it in his articles. He has found that Tuflite Polymers is the leading manufacturer and supplier of Tuffix self tapping screws. Visit Tuflite.com for more details!
Home and Garden Articles1. Tips To Follow When Woodworking For The First Time
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Use Of Quality Fixtures Can Secure You From Short Circuit
Author: Alyssa Blackall
3. Useful Ways To Treat Meth Addiction Successfully
Author: Ethan Nan
4. Renovate Your Balconies With Glass Balcony Balustrades Sydney
Author: Trim Lite
5. 5 Main Types Of Locksmith Services In Hollywood Fl That You Can Avail
Author: Jacob David
6. Clean And Tidy Office Is The Most Sorted Aspect Looked Out By The Employees
Author: Joel Crotty
7. Avail Carpenters Services In Jaipur Online
8. Protect Your Garden From Harmful Pests With Pest Control Services
Author: Leo Lazich
9. What Are The Benefits Of Installing Basswood Shutters
Author: Julie Valencia
10. Importance Of Commercial Cleaning Service
11. Clean Stainless Steel Appliances With These 4 Amazing Tips
Author: Mike Aurtho
12. Importance Of Hiring Trustworthy Plumbing Services
Author: Kelly M. Russum
13. Have The Best House Cleaning Company After Considering A Few Points
Author: Monika Zuzanska
14. Get Some Tips On Hiring A Great House Cleaning Service
Author: Monika Zuzanska
15. Choose The Right Cleaner By Following These Facts
Author: Monika Zuzanska