ALL >> Business >> View Article
Why You Need Labor Law Posters
Total Articles: 4
All employers, including businesses with one or more paid employee in the United States must display the most current state and federal labor law posters at their work site to inform employee(s) of their rights and to be in compliance with the law. Failure to display them can result in penalties, lawsuits and fines.
There are multiple federal and state labor laws that need to be displayed and the number varies from state to state.
Federal Labor Laws to Display (by name)
The law mandates that businesses must display federal labor law posters. The federal labor laws are referred by name and here are some of them:
• The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) – it sets standards for the minimum wage
• Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
• Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
• Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
• Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
• Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
State Labor Laws to Display (by category)
In addition to the federal labor laws, employers must display state labor law posters. Each state has its own employment laws and mandates employers to comply with required posters. Here are some state labor law categories:
• State minimum wage
• Workers’ compensation
• State-run OSHA programs
• Equal employment
• Unemployment insurance
• Right to work or right to know
• Payday notice
• No smoking notices
Knowing what labor laws to display isn’t easy to determine
Both federal and state agencies provide labor law posters free of cost. However, researching, downloading and printing individual required notices from the state and federal agencies is a lengthy and hectic process. It requires a lot of research, resources, effort and time.
You cannot get all the required information readily available at one place. You need to go to different agencies to get the current information. There are many laws that businesses need to comply with and these laws vary from state to state. It is not an easy task for businesses to determine the labor laws applicable to their business.
Adding to the difficulty to stay compliant is the fact that some of the laws are mandatory and some are not to display.
These laws change throughout the year, not on a set schedule and government gives a very little or no notification about the changes to the businesses. You should update the posters each time there is a mandatory change. For this, you need to check for updates on a regular basis and stay on top of the developments related to labor law postings.
Labor law poster services are helpful
As these updates can occur anytime and as it requires a lot of time and effort to collect the required notices, many businesses rely on poster services to monitor the mandatory updates.
Labor law poster service provides the updated posters needed by your business. Purchasing labor law posters from them saves you time and guarantees that all the required employment laws are included on the posters displayed at your workplace.
Each time there is a change (mandatory) in employment laws, they notify you and get you back into compliance. No need to create a list and go to each agency’s website to find the updated law.
Another advantage to these services is that you can simply choose from the various options they provide – state and federal together on one poster; or separate state and federal posters.
Some offer laminated labor law posters – more resistant to wear and tear damage that can easily occur with printed paper notices. Many state and federal employment laws require their notices to not be covered, defaced or altered in any way.
Go for a reliable and knowledgeable provider
Choose a provider who is knowledgeable and helps you stay compliant with laws so that you can stay focused on your core business activities.
LaborLawCenter, Inc. is one such organization that specializes in providing compliance labor law poster solutions to any size business, corporate resellers and government institutions across United States since 1999. We offer a wide selection of Federal, State and OSHA labor law posters, safety products and employment related kits to make it easy for the businesses to stay compliant with the latest labor laws and regulations. Visit us at: Laborlawcenter.com, to purchase mandatory compliance required labor law posters.
Business Articles1. Why You Must Discover The Piano
Author: Shanna Cazneaux
2. An Affordable Virtual Office Service
Author: Unknown Member
3. How To Get Debt Consolidation Loans With Lowest Interest Rates
Author: Nicole jiang
4. Purchasing Guide For Recreations Headphones
Author: Natasha Grice
5. The Best Email Marketing Software For Small Business
Author: Ravi Shankar Upahdyay
6. Carpet Cleaners In Orange County
7. How Moneylender Services Can Help You Consolidate Your Loan Requirement
Author: Nicole jiang
8. Carpet Cleaning In California
9. Crucial Industrial Lifting Accessories And Importance Of Their Inspection
Author: Asmita Lokhande
10. Easy Ways To Bring Down Your Heating & Cooling Costs
Author: Ron Neeley
11. Personalized Jute Bags Are A Must In 2017
12. Wedding Jute Bags - The Most Appealing Type Of Wedding Bags
13. Best Ticket Exchange Service
14. Jute Gift Bags - The Most Appealing And Eco-friendly Gift Bags
15. Fancy Jute Bags - How Fancy Can You Be?