ALL >> Business >> View Article
Why You Need Labor Law Posters
Total Articles: 4
All employers, including businesses with one or more paid employee in the United States must display the most current state and federal labor law posters at their work site to inform employee(s) of their rights and to be in compliance with the law. Failure to display them can result in penalties, lawsuits and fines.
There are multiple federal and state labor laws that need to be displayed and the number varies from state to state.
Federal Labor Laws to Display (by name)
The law mandates that businesses must display federal labor law posters. The federal labor laws are referred by name and here are some of them:
• The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) – it sets standards for the minimum wage
• Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
• Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
• Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
• Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
• Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
State Labor Laws to Display (by category)
In addition to the federal labor laws, employers must display state labor law posters. Each state has its own employment laws and mandates employers to comply with required posters. Here are some state labor law categories:
• State minimum wage
• Workers’ compensation
• State-run OSHA programs
• Equal employment
• Unemployment insurance
• Right to work or right to know
• Payday notice
• No smoking notices
Knowing what labor laws to display isn’t easy to determine
Both federal and state agencies provide labor law posters free of cost. However, researching, downloading and printing individual required notices from the state and federal agencies is a lengthy and hectic process. It requires a lot of research, resources, effort and time.
You cannot get all the required information readily available at one place. You need to go to different agencies to get the current information. There are many laws that businesses need to comply with and these laws vary from state to state. It is not an easy task for businesses to determine the labor laws applicable to their business.
Adding to the difficulty to stay compliant is the fact that some of the laws are mandatory and some are not to display.
These laws change throughout the year, not on a set schedule and government gives a very little or no notification about the changes to the businesses. You should update the posters each time there is a mandatory change. For this, you need to check for updates on a regular basis and stay on top of the developments related to labor law postings.
Labor law poster services are helpful
As these updates can occur anytime and as it requires a lot of time and effort to collect the required notices, many businesses rely on poster services to monitor the mandatory updates.
Labor law poster service provides the updated posters needed by your business. Purchasing labor law posters from them saves you time and guarantees that all the required employment laws are included on the posters displayed at your workplace.
Each time there is a change (mandatory) in employment laws, they notify you and get you back into compliance. No need to create a list and go to each agency’s website to find the updated law.
Another advantage to these services is that you can simply choose from the various options they provide – state and federal together on one poster; or separate state and federal posters.
Some offer laminated labor law posters – more resistant to wear and tear damage that can easily occur with printed paper notices. Many state and federal employment laws require their notices to not be covered, defaced or altered in any way.
Go for a reliable and knowledgeable provider
Choose a provider who is knowledgeable and helps you stay compliant with laws so that you can stay focused on your core business activities.
LaborLawCenter, Inc. is one such organization that specializes in providing compliance labor law poster solutions to any size business, corporate resellers and government institutions across United States since 1999. We offer a wide selection of Federal, State and OSHA labor law posters, safety products and employment related kits to make it easy for the businesses to stay compliant with the latest labor laws and regulations. Visit us at: Laborlawcenter.com, to purchase mandatory compliance required labor law posters.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla