ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Types Of Wood Flooring: Choose The One You Like
Total Articles: 2
Are you planning to re-do the flooring in your house or have bought a new one? Are you planning to go for the wooden one? Are you aware of its benefits and costs? Are you confused among its types and do not know which one to choose? If the answers to the above mentioned questions are yes, you are just at the perfect place at the perfect time.
Most of the people know that flooring plays one of the most important roles in the home improvement. It contributes the most in enhancing the look and feel of the house or office. So, people have started giving a lot of importance to flooring in Newcastle and Sunderland these days.
People know that wood is one of the best options to choose when it comes to flooring. They are aware of its long list of benefits. One of the most important advantages is that it last for decades to come. In addition to that, it is easy to clean and maintain it and more hygienic than carpets. It is free from the odours and has got timeless appeal.
With the increase in demand, there are several people who started this business of supplying and installing wood flooring. Some of them also provide other services like staining, sealing and repair. The number of companies that provide the complete wood floor restoration in Sunderland is increasing like a wild fire.
There are several types of wood flooring, so it is essential for you to look at the pros and cons of each and then choose one on the basis if your requirements. So, out of a lot of options that you have got to chose from, let us look at some of the most important and useful ones that are commonly used.
• Solid: It is a single piece traditional type of wood. It is available in all the styles that are mentioned below; strip, plank and parquet. This type can be installed only on or above the ground level. The best part about them is that, they can be refinished multiple times and it looks like new every time you do it. They are durable.
• Engineered: It is compromised of several layers of wood. It is one of the most popular choices amongst the customers because of its versatility. It can be used in several areas of the home, especially where it is not possible to use the solid wood. It does not get affected by moisture or temperature change. They can be installed in any and every way; be it gluing, nailing or stapling.
• Acrylic impregnated: This type of wood is more durable than that of the solid one because it is 300 percent harder material. It is resistance to water, so it is used widely in kitchens and bathrooms. In addition to that, it is scratch resistant, so it is used in the places which are used the most and are subject to maximum wear and tear.
• Strip: It is a solid linear style of flooring which makes the space looks bigger than it is in real.
• Plank: It is a linear style too, but it is broader than that of the strip style.
• Parquet: It is a style where in several pieces of wood are assembled together to make various designs.
Now that you know the types of wood flooring, it is advisable to buy the one that fulfils your needs and demands from the reputed company. There are a lot of factors that you need to consider before buying, so make sure you that wisely and choose the best store to buy from. Good luck with that!
There are several companies that deal with flooring in Newcastle and Sunderland, but the best of all is ‘Northumberland Floor Sanding’. It is one of the best companies in the UK that provide best wood floor restoration in Sunderland and other surrounding areas of the UK.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi