ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Types Of Wood Flooring: Choose The One You LikeBy Expert Author: Kevin Elliott
Are you planning to re-do the flooring in your house or have bought a new one? Are you planning to go for the wooden one? Are you aware of its benefits and costs? Are you confused among its types and do not know which one to choose? If the answers to the above mentioned questions are yes, you are just at the perfect place at the perfect time.
Most of the people know that flooring plays one of the most important roles in the home improvement. It contributes the most in enhancing the look and feel of the house or office. So, people have started giving a lot of importance to flooring in Newcastle and Sunderland these days.
People know that wood is one of the best options to choose when it comes to flooring. They are aware of its long list of benefits. One of the most important advantages is that it last for decades to come. In addition to that, it is easy to clean and maintain it and more hygienic than carpets. It is free from the odours and has got timeless appeal.
With the increase in demand, there are several people who started this business of supplying and installing wood flooring. Some of them also provide other services like staining, sealing and repair. The number of companies that provide the complete wood floor restoration in Sunderland is increasing like a wild fire.
There are several types of wood flooring, so it is essential for you to look at the pros and cons of each and then choose one on the basis if your requirements. So, out of a lot of options that you have got to chose from, let us look at some of the most important and useful ones that are commonly used.
• Solid: It is a single piece traditional type of wood. It is available in all the styles that are mentioned below; strip, plank and parquet. This type can be installed only on or above the ground level. The best part about them is that, they can be refinished multiple times and it looks like new every time you do it. They are durable.
• Engineered: It is compromised of several layers of wood. It is one of the most popular choices amongst the customers because of its versatility. It can be used in several areas of the home, especially where it is not possible to use the solid wood. It does not get affected by moisture or temperature change. They can be installed in any and every way; be it gluing, nailing or stapling.
• Acrylic impregnated: This type of wood is more durable than that of the solid one because it is 300 percent harder material. It is resistance to water, so it is used widely in kitchens and bathrooms. In addition to that, it is scratch resistant, so it is used in the places which are used the most and are subject to maximum wear and tear.
• Strip: It is a solid linear style of flooring which makes the space looks bigger than it is in real.
• Plank: It is a linear style too, but it is broader than that of the strip style.
• Parquet: It is a style where in several pieces of wood are assembled together to make various designs.
Now that you know the types of wood flooring, it is advisable to buy the one that fulfils your needs and demands from the reputed company. There are a lot of factors that you need to consider before buying, so make sure you that wisely and choose the best store to buy from. Good luck with that!
There are several companies that deal with flooring in Newcastle and Sunderland, but the best of all is ‘Northumberland Floor Sanding’. It is one of the best companies in the UK that provide best wood floor restoration in Sunderland and other surrounding areas of the UK.
Home and Garden Articles1. We Have The Food Like No Other
2. We Are Always At Your Service All Daylong
3. The Home For Your Taste
4. How To Decide The Right Material For Retaining Walls
Author: Daniel Maxted
5. How To Make Your Bathroom Smart & Luxurious
Author: Nicholas Gabb
6. Common Types Of Ipe Siding Patterns
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. Major Benefits Of Ipe Decking
Author: Edmund Brunetti
8. Wood Staining Experts Can Help Improve The Value Of Your Home
Author: Jordan Baxter
9. Instructions To Replace A Water Heater Thermostat
Author: Ring Hot Water
10. Why You Should Consider Doing Electrical Maintenance Of Your Home In 2017?
Author: Mark Dean
11. Top Reasons To Install Plantation Shutters In Your Home
Author: Stewart Graham
12. The Major Reasons Of Installing Outdoor Blinds
Author: Darcy Morley
13. Hire End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne Services For Full Bond Amount Return
14. More Living Space: 5 Great Garage Conversion Ideas
Author: Mary Morris
15. Why Replacement Windows Are Worth It
Author: Mary Morris