ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Don't Spare New Zealand There Are Places For Sky Tours Too
Total Articles: 31
New Zealand is famous for its mountains, glaciers, fiords, plains, forests, coastline, sandy beaches, and many more those have made a popular location for movie shootings.
Generally, people have its impression as the picturesque land to enjoy holidays or honeymoon tours. In fact, this is not true because there is a big spot for sky tour lovers and sky tour operators. It is Mt.John, situated in the mountain spine of the New Zealand. There is Mt. John Observatory with the best and largest telescope of New Zealand.
Another interesting activity is going on for the sky tour lovers, the services of astronomers and scholars who participate in the combine research of University of Canterbury of New Zealand and Nagoya University of Japan.
Telescopes at this research center are available for the selected sky tours for daytime. This powerful telescope let you to see beyond the cloudy sky of New Zealand that is not available for general people. No doubt, daytime sky tours have limited time slots, generally 35 to 45 minutes, but night-sky tour lovers can enjoy tours up to two hours.
When I had taken a sky tour of Mt. John at night I found three different sizes of the telescopes (based on the diameter of their lenses) and they were 9 inch, 11 inch, and 16 inch. As per my experience, I have seen a beautiful star cluster named ‘The Jewel Box’ with a small size telescope.
My Sky Tour
Unfortunately, I couldn’t enjoy its deeper view and I had to pay for bigger size telescope there. With 16-inch telescope, I enjoyed the amazing scenery of those stars in the cluster. There were three stars, one was of red color and seemed like a ruby in jewel box. The second one star was of blue color, and sparkling like a sapphire. Whereas the third one was of pure white color and flashing like a true diamond. Perhaps due to these looks that cluster is known as Jewel Box.
No doubt, if you have thirst of photography and wish to keep your sky tours memories intact, you can take photos of those magical heavenly bodies with the help of astronomers as their technology allows that. Timing of sky tours are very convenient for tourists as Sky day tours are commencing between 12pm to 3pm whilst nigh tours begin from 7pm and ends before 12pm at night.
At the foot of Mt. John, a beautiful place is located for avid nature lovers and it’s Lake Tekapo. Lake is famous for its alluring turquoise blue color attributed by the ‘rock flour’ from the glaciers as glaciers are grinding rock in the fine dust during their journey down and adding in the headwaters of Lake Tekapo.
When sunlight mixing with this rock flour, suspended in the water, a delightful turquoise blue color becomes apparent and cools the eyes and minds of onlookers. Besides this, there are plenty of other attractions to keep engaged and enjoying the tourists, who come for sky tours or other tours.
You will have enough facilities to perform various activities such as playing mini golf, enjoy Lake Cruise, fishing, and mountain biking besides the daytime sky tours and evening sky tours. Restaurants, Cafes, and hotels available for robbing tastes of various foods and cuisines.
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar