ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Four Common Misconceptions On Social Media Marketing Among Small Business Owners
Total Articles: 3
Marketing through Social media websites like Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. is called social media marketing (SMM). It is gaining popularity these days and for many businesses, it has become a part of their marketing strategy. Despite the popularity, there are some misconceptions among small business owners on SMM and for this reason, many of them have not adopted it. In this article, we will discuss four common misconceptions on SMM among small business owners.
Misconception #1: Social media networking is only for teens
Most small business owners have a misconception that Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites are meant for fun and entertainment and mostly used by teenagers only. It is true that when these websites started, initially they were mostly used by teens. But slowly, the scenario changed. People of all age groups are using social media websites today. According to State of Search, users aged 45 to 54 years are the fastest growing segment. 55% of the Internet users in this age group have an account on at least one social media website.
Misconception #2: SMM is easy
Registering on websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. is easy. But, it takes time and effort to maintain profiles and be active. You need to invest time and effort in
• Creating and updating content, videos, graphics, inform developments in industry/products/services, etc.
• Interacting with customers and providing solutions whenever there are queries from customers
Misconception #3: SMM delivers immediate results
Having a good profile in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and posting blogs regularly doesn't mean you will get immediate results in the form of sales/leads. It may take few months before you see the results. For that, you have to be patient and interested in building relationship with customers by effective SMM campaign. Over time, you will see the results.
Misconception #4: Social media is meant only for marketing
Another misconception in some small business owners on SMM is that it is meant only for marketing products/services. Though broadly the purpose is the same, it is more than just marketing. Social media also helps small businesses in following ways
• Acquire new customer and retain existing customers - It is one of the best methods to reach out large number of target audiences with less efforts and within less time. By posting informational content, you can attract and acquire new customers and by updating the developments in business and products/services, you can keep your existing customers informed. This helps in building relationship with customers.
• Finding hires and partners for your business - Small businesses can also find people to hire for their businesses on social media sites. For example, LinkedIn is ideal for B2B businesses to find candidates and business partners.
• Search engine ranking - It is believed that Google and Bing search engines consider social signals - shares, retweets, G+ posts, etc. while ranking websites. Businesses that are active on social media websites have chances of ranking on search engine result pages.
• Customer service - According to Social Media Today, 53% of small businesses are using SMM as a two-way communication tool to serve their customers. It enables one-to-one dialogue/conversation with the customers. This leads to building customer loyalty and trust with your service.
It is a good time to have the presence on social media websites and leverage the benefits they offer. We suggest you to hire professionals for monitoring and maintaining profiles on these websites as it is not that easy as it looks.
Marvist Consulting LLC offers small business Internet marketing services across the USA. Internet marketing strategy services from Marvist Consulting are aimed to help you build online credibility, generate business leads & enable revenue generation. Since establishment in 2005, Marvist has earned the goodwill of clients by its uncompromising commitment to business values while delivering expert services.
Internet Marketing Articles1. How To Get Your Article Reprinted By Publishers
Author: Andrew Mccann
2. How Internet Marketing Helps Your Business Earn Recognition
Author: Web Click India
3. How To Set Up A Shopify Store In 15 Minutes
Author: Mouzzam Jafri
4. Web Design Service Provider In Delhi.
Author: web design service provider in Delhi.
5. 5 Super Useful Tips For Hiring The Right Digital Marketing Agency For Your Business
Author: Graphics Merlin Studio
6. How To Build Social Media Branding Strategies
Author: Guru Chavan
7. Antivirus A Cop Keeping An Eye On Internet Threats
Author: Aida Martin
8. 5 Key Benefits Of Social Media Marketing
9. Digital Marketing Is A Must For Today's Businesses
Author: Amit Mondal
10. Affordable Ways Of Generating Pr Outreach Strategies For Start-up Businesses
11. Top Influential Points Of Using Press Releases In Seo
12. Ultimate Pr Outreach Strategy For Creating Media List
13. Newest Tips On Targeting Local Media In Pr Outreach Services
14. Tips On Targeting National Media In Pr Outreach Services
15. 3 Ways To Improve The Seo Position Of An E-commerce Site
Author: Mouzzam Jafri