ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Four Common Misconceptions On Social Media Marketing Among Small Business OwnersBy Expert Author: Shane K Morgan
Marketing through Social media websites like Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. is called social media marketing (SMM). It is gaining popularity these days and for many businesses, it has become a part of their marketing strategy. Despite the popularity, there are some misconceptions among small business owners on SMM and for this reason, many of them have not adopted it. In this article, we will discuss four common misconceptions on SMM among small business owners.
Misconception #1: Social media networking is only for teens
Most small business owners have a misconception that Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites are meant for fun and entertainment and mostly used by teenagers only. It is true that when these websites started, initially they were mostly used by teens. But slowly, the scenario changed. People of all age groups are using social media websites today. According to State of Search, users aged 45 to 54 years are the fastest growing segment. 55% of the Internet users in this age group have an account on at least one social media website.
Misconception #2: SMM is easy
Registering on websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. is easy. But, it takes time and effort to maintain profiles and be active. You need to invest time and effort in
• Creating and updating content, videos, graphics, inform developments in industry/products/services, etc.
• Interacting with customers and providing solutions whenever there are queries from customers
Misconception #3: SMM delivers immediate results
Having a good profile in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and posting blogs regularly doesn't mean you will get immediate results in the form of sales/leads. It may take few months before you see the results. For that, you have to be patient and interested in building relationship with customers by effective SMM campaign. Over time, you will see the results.
Misconception #4: Social media is meant only for marketing
Another misconception in some small business owners on SMM is that it is meant only for marketing products/services. Though broadly the purpose is the same, it is more than just marketing. Social media also helps small businesses in following ways
• Acquire new customer and retain existing customers - It is one of the best methods to reach out large number of target audiences with less efforts and within less time. By posting informational content, you can attract and acquire new customers and by updating the developments in business and products/services, you can keep your existing customers informed. This helps in building relationship with customers.
• Finding hires and partners for your business - Small businesses can also find people to hire for their businesses on social media sites. For example, LinkedIn is ideal for B2B businesses to find candidates and business partners.
• Search engine ranking - It is believed that Google and Bing search engines consider social signals - shares, retweets, G+ posts, etc. while ranking websites. Businesses that are active on social media websites have chances of ranking on search engine result pages.
• Customer service - According to Social Media Today, 53% of small businesses are using SMM as a two-way communication tool to serve their customers. It enables one-to-one dialogue/conversation with the customers. This leads to building customer loyalty and trust with your service.
It is a good time to have the presence on social media websites and leverage the benefits they offer. We suggest you to hire professionals for monitoring and maintaining profiles on these websites as it is not that easy as it looks.
Marvist Consulting LLC offers small business Internet marketing services across the USA. Internet marketing strategy services from Marvist Consulting are aimed to help you build online credibility, generate business leads & enable revenue generation. Since establishment in 2005, Marvist has earned the goodwill of clients by its uncompromising commitment to business values while delivering expert services.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Web Hosting
2. What Is The Significance Of Using Keyword In Seo?
Author: Micheal Shawn
3. Things You Should Do While Using Social Media For Business
4. Simple Tips From Digital Marketing Services In Dallas To Increase Traffic
Author: Denny Clovis
5. How Seo Techniques Are Used &how It Is Works By Search Engine Optimization (seo)
6. Proxy Servers And Their Uses
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. Benefits Of Social Logins For Your Ecommerce Website
8. Freelance Work Online | Add Any Project
Author: pushpa sowgandham
9. How To Select Digital Media Agency And Ensure Your Success?
Author: Karanveer Rawat
10. 7 Things To Know Before Outsourcing Creative Work To Any Web Design Company
Author: Saurabh Mishra
11. How Affiliate Tracking Application Helps Affiliate Marketers
Author: Arnab Dutta
12. Strategizing With Digital Marketing
Author: Vimalesh Vijayan
13. Tips To Earn The Needed Degrees In Different Prospective Fields Of Study
Author: Rocky Sheldon
14. Google Adwords Service Provider - Market Your Business With Google Adwords
15. Why You Need A Digital Marketing Consultant
Author: Dilate Digital tells why you need digitalmarketing