ALL >> Health >> View Article
Cosmetic Dentist In Arizona Talks About The Risks And Treatments For Gum Disease
Total Articles: 16
Every disease has a higher risk development in different people based on various factors. Gum disease is no acceptation. If gum disease does affect your life there are many choices when considering how to best keep your smile. When prevention fails, look for the best option to preserving the quality of life which could be dental implants for Phoenix residents.
However unfair it may be, gender and age increase the risk of periodontal or gum disease. Men are more at risk than women and people don’t usually develop Periodontitis until their 30’s or 40’s. Although teenagers can develop the more mild form of gum disease called gingivitis.
Physical behavior is just a big contributor as genetics. People who smoke have a higher chance of getting gum disease and it also prevents the treatments from being effective. Diabetes can increase the risk due to the increased chance of infections.
Other illnesses and medications can also contribute to healthy gums. If cancer or AIDS is present then the ability to fight off infection decreases and usually gets put on the backburner for the immune system.
Certain medications reduce the flow of saliva. Saliva is what protects the mouth and without it the gums and mouth are not as clean, increasing the risk for gum disease.
Hopefully deep cleaning and medications are enough to start reducing the swelling and decrease discomfort. The medications are used to control bacteria levels and reduce the size of periodontal pockets.
If those don’t work dentists usual recommend flap surgery or bone grafting. Flap surgery removes tartar from deeper tissues and tightens the gums back up so that the area is easier to keep clean. Bone grafting is used to replace lost bone and help with regrowth.
Once no other treatments are available and the tooth becomes too damaged to save, it will need to be pulled. After the teeth are pulled there are options to get your confident smile back including dentures and dental implants.
Dentures are a removable solution that can work for most people with a lower budget. If cost isn’t an issue when quality is involved then implants may be the best solution. Finding a cosmetic dentist in Arizona to place implants is a simple one time procedure that leaves you smiling the moment you look in the mirror.
Implants are more permanent and can function just like natural teeth. They have a better quality than dentures and last much longer, almost a lifetime.
All cases of gum disease are different and need to be handled carefully. It is never a bad idea to get a second opinion about what is best for your health. Hopefully prevention is the best medicine and your daily brushing and flossing will keep you from having to deal with the effects of gum disease.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important