ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Choosing The Right Fuel For Your Vehicle
Total Articles: 21
Knowing the right fuel for your vehicle is very important. There are a number of fuel grades, octanes and additives available at gas stations. If you are not sure what your car needs, you can check the specifications on the fuel cap or in the owner's manual (the manufacturer will specify the type of fuel to use for your car).
Gas station attendants often try to convince you to go for other options available. But, for higher performance of the engine, it is better to consistently use the same quality of fuel. If you don't stick to the same quality, it may damage the engine. Also, see if you can use the same brand.
Octane number is very crucial
The octane number is crucial for the optimum performance of the engine. The regular grade gasoline recommended for most vehicles has an octane number 87. High performance cars need premium grade gasoline or octane fuel with a rating of 89, 91 or 93. Many people think using premium grade gasoline gives better mileage and the vehicle moves faster. Fuel with a higher octane number helps the engine only if it is suggested by the manufacturer.
If the octane number is too high, it can adversely affect the fuel efficiency of the vehicle. The engine in a car designed to use 87 octane produces less power burning 91 or 93 octane. This makes the engine consume more fuel to perform at the same level.
Avoid using low grade or super fuels
Low grade fuel contains impurities and is not good for the engine in the long run. These impurities result in clogged filters and fuel lines. This, in turn, results in low fuel economy and poor performance of the vehicle.
Super fuels are not recommended unless suggested by the manufacturer. They contain additives that may clean the injectors, but can spoil the linings in the cylinder when used regularly. They are not that beneficial and are expensive.
Avoid driving at low fuel
Remember not to run your vehicle with low fuel in the tank. Here are some reasons why you should not drive your vehicle with low fuel for long distances - the fuel pump in the fuel tank could get damaged from overheating when the fuel is too low. The condensation of moisture in the air in the tank results in the accumulation of water and this water may get into the fuel pump and damage it.
Many people tend to make costly mistakes when it comes to buying fuel. To ensure optimal performance of your car, choose the right fuel.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps. For over 50 years, the Airtex brand has been the benchmark of fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching for a fuel pump, consider Airtex as Airtex fuel delivery system has exceptional quality that meets or exceeds OE design specifications and ISO standards.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe