ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Role Of Fuel Pump Relay (fpr) In Fuel Delivery System In An Automobile
Total Articles: 21
As a vehicle owner, you need to be aware of fuel pump relay, a critical component of an automobile's fuel delivery system. Its basic function is to control the operation of the fuel pump - it supplies electrical power at ignition and switch off.
Also called relay switch, it is a small electrical device located in a plastic casing under the hood, on the firewall or near the vehicle's steering column. The location may differ, because for different cars, it is located in different places. You can check your owner's manual for the exact location of the FPR.
FPR is controlled by Engine Control Module (ECM)
The engine control module, also known as powertrain control module (PCM), is the central unit of the engine management system of a vehicle. It controls the generation and supply of air fuel mixture, ignition timing, idle speed, variable valve timing and emissions that are necessary for the engine to run. The Engine Control Module also controls the FPR when the fuel pump is on. In short, Engine Control Module (ECM) performs many functions that are necessary to operate a vehicle.
Starts the fuel pump and shuts off when engine starts running
The FPR supplies electricity to startup and shutdown the pump of the vehicle. When the ignition is turned on, the FPR is activated. The relay supplies power to the pump, which becomes active and lets out the fuel that is necessary for the vehicle to run. When the vehicle is turned on and is running, the FPR shuts off, and the current to the pump is supplied by the oil pressure sending unit. Without the FPR, the process of fueling the engine will not begin.
Replace faulty FPR immediately
If the engine is cranking, but not starting, it could be an issue with the FPR. This is because the FPR is not turning-on the pump to start the vehicle. It is better to check with a mechanic.
You need to make sure that your vehicle's FPR is in good condition so that it does not overload the fuel pump. A fuel pump handles a significant amount of power but if it receives too much power at once, it can get damaged - the wiring around it is very delicate. Fuel pump is be an expensive part to replace. So, it is advisable to get the relay inspected, and replaced if it is damaged immediately.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps and modular reservoir assemblies (MRA). For over 50 years, fuel pumps from Airtex have been the benchmark fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching either for electric fuel pump or mechanical fuel pump, visit our site.
Automobiles Articles1. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
2. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
3. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
4. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
6. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
8. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
9. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
10. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
11. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
12. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
13. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
15. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name