ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Role Of Fuel Pump Relay (fpr) In Fuel Delivery System In An Automobile
Total Articles: 21
As a vehicle owner, you need to be aware of fuel pump relay, a critical component of an automobile's fuel delivery system. Its basic function is to control the operation of the fuel pump - it supplies electrical power at ignition and switch off.
Also called relay switch, it is a small electrical device located in a plastic casing under the hood, on the firewall or near the vehicle's steering column. The location may differ, because for different cars, it is located in different places. You can check your owner's manual for the exact location of the FPR.
FPR is controlled by Engine Control Module (ECM)
The engine control module, also known as powertrain control module (PCM), is the central unit of the engine management system of a vehicle. It controls the generation and supply of air fuel mixture, ignition timing, idle speed, variable valve timing and emissions that are necessary for the engine to run. The Engine Control Module also controls the FPR when the fuel pump is on. In short, Engine Control Module (ECM) performs many functions that are necessary to operate a vehicle.
Starts the fuel pump and shuts off when engine starts running
The FPR supplies electricity to startup and shutdown the pump of the vehicle. When the ignition is turned on, the FPR is activated. The relay supplies power to the pump, which becomes active and lets out the fuel that is necessary for the vehicle to run. When the vehicle is turned on and is running, the FPR shuts off, and the current to the pump is supplied by the oil pressure sending unit. Without the FPR, the process of fueling the engine will not begin.
Replace faulty FPR immediately
If the engine is cranking, but not starting, it could be an issue with the FPR. This is because the FPR is not turning-on the pump to start the vehicle. It is better to check with a mechanic.
You need to make sure that your vehicle's FPR is in good condition so that it does not overload the fuel pump. A fuel pump handles a significant amount of power but if it receives too much power at once, it can get damaged - the wiring around it is very delicate. Fuel pump is be an expensive part to replace. So, it is advisable to get the relay inspected, and replaced if it is damaged immediately.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps and modular reservoir assemblies (MRA). For over 50 years, fuel pumps from Airtex have been the benchmark fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching either for electric fuel pump or mechanical fuel pump, visit our site.
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook