ALL >> General >> View Article
Text Neck Posture Syndrome & Its Effect On The Body A Review
Total Articles: 280
We all crave technology and it makes our lives better in general. Yahoo! However it’s not without it’s share of pitfalls...such as text neck. Texting is a great way to communicate for saving time, but as it is becoming one of our main means of communication we are all being affected by the corresponding forward head posture.
Gravity and our work at a desk and on our tablets and phones is pulling us all forward. Although text neck sounds funny it’s no joke. If you don’t do anything to counter balance the stress on your cervical vertebrae (neck bones) that 8-10 lb ball you call a head we keep pulling you forward causing an unsightly appearance and eventually pain. The pain ensues because for every inch forward that your head migrates, from your ears being at midline with your shoulders, it doubles the load on the spine. The cervical vertebrae are rather small compared to the size of your head. If enough time passes your joints will begin to calcify and fuse in a forward curvature commonly known as the Dowager’s Hump. This is why your keeping your body in aline is so important because, once the hump sets in, it’s very difficult to reverse.
Take a look around next time your at a party with Grandma and her friends and you’ll see some mounds forming on the upper back. This is from a lifetime of poor posture. Remember their generation didn’t play video games or text. Imagine what the kids of today will look like if they do nothing to counter text neck. If we don’t want that to happen to us we better perform text neck posture corrector exercises that will work our body in the exact opposite motion of the stooped forward head posture. Doing these motions will counter balance the affects of gravity and technology to correct or prevent text neck.
Doing some form of back extensions with a rearward arm rotation with your palms turned up will help strengthen the postural muscles needed to counter the affects of text neck and restore good back, neck and overall body alignment. Initially one can perform the motions seated in a chair. As coordination and endurance is gained from doing a few sets at a time with 10 - 20 repetitions one can add resistance with bands. There are just a few simple precautions to take to keep the posture & alignment of your body. This is my candid review of the body topic of text neck.
General Articles1. Sending Your Electronics To A Toronto Electronics Recycling Center
Author: Mohan Rawat
2. Scott Foil: Knowing Your Need For Owning The Best
Author: parveen kumar
3. What Can You Do To Balance An Industrial Oven?
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
4. The Perfect Destination For A Memorable Holiday In Bhimtal
Author: Amit Upretti
5. Top Reasons To Use A Pan Mixer At A Construction Site
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
6. Magnesium Oxide Is An Important Role
Author: hu Allen
7. Oh My Baby, I Rest You Daily With These Crazy Cool Furniture
Author: James Williams
8. All You Want To Learn About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Author: Ross Barkely
9. Quick Laptop Screen Repair Sheffield – Lenovo Repairer
10. Exploring Varying Methods Of Chemical Separation
11. Find Private Investigator For Office
Author: kiven Sea
12. Godrej Washing Machine Service Center In Hyderabad
Author: Godrej Washing Machine
13. Hamilton Automatic Khaki X-wind Chronograph H77616533 Mens Watch| Hardy And Fashionable
Author: Jasson C
14. How To Hire The Right Basement Contractor In Toronto
Author: Noah Dube
15. Splendid Things To Do In Cusco Peru Tours
Author: Ricardo Davis