ALL >> General >> View Article
Text Neck Posture Syndrome & Its Effect On The Body A Review
Total Articles: 271
We all crave technology and it makes our lives better in general. Yahoo! However it’s not without it’s share of pitfalls...such as text neck. Texting is a great way to communicate for saving time, but as it is becoming one of our main means of communication we are all being affected by the corresponding forward head posture.
Gravity and our work at a desk and on our tablets and phones is pulling us all forward. Although text neck sounds funny it’s no joke. If you don’t do anything to counter balance the stress on your cervical vertebrae (neck bones) that 8-10 lb ball you call a head we keep pulling you forward causing an unsightly appearance and eventually pain. The pain ensues because for every inch forward that your head migrates, from your ears being at midline with your shoulders, it doubles the load on the spine. The cervical vertebrae are rather small compared to the size of your head. If enough time passes your joints will begin to calcify and fuse in a forward curvature commonly known as the Dowager’s Hump. This is why your keeping your body in aline is so important because, once the hump sets in, it’s very difficult to reverse.
Take a look around next time your at a party with Grandma and her friends and you’ll see some mounds forming on the upper back. This is from a lifetime of poor posture. Remember their generation didn’t play video games or text. Imagine what the kids of today will look like if they do nothing to counter text neck. If we don’t want that to happen to us we better perform text neck posture corrector exercises that will work our body in the exact opposite motion of the stooped forward head posture. Doing these motions will counter balance the affects of gravity and technology to correct or prevent text neck.
Doing some form of back extensions with a rearward arm rotation with your palms turned up will help strengthen the postural muscles needed to counter the affects of text neck and restore good back, neck and overall body alignment. Initially one can perform the motions seated in a chair. As coordination and endurance is gained from doing a few sets at a time with 10 - 20 repetitions one can add resistance with bands. There are just a few simple precautions to take to keep the posture & alignment of your body. This is my candid review of the body topic of text neck.
General Articles1. The 5 Biggest Mistakes You Can Easily Avoid While Repairing Your Air Conditioner!
2. Riyaz Hassanali Is An Expert Cosmetic Surgeon Offering Best Treatment Procedures For Patients
3. New Trending List Of Ios App Development Companies
4. Understanding Intelligent Video Management Software
5. Quick Fix For Inserting Shoton Oneplus Tags
6. What Are The Features And Specification Of Edm 830 System?
7. Important Qualities Of A Photobooth Company
Author: William is the author of this article
8. Instantfuns Platform With New H5 Releases Mythic Fantasy
9. Celebrate The Height Of Pre-wedding Fun With Party Bus Rentals Near Me
Author: David WILSON
10. Online Birthday Gifts Same Day Delivery
11. Emergency Dentist - Need Of An Emergency
Author: Dr. Peter Lam
12. Zox Pro Training - Speed Reading | Faster Learning
Author: Shannon Panzo
13. Event Recruitment Made Easy Through Online Staffing Solutions Portal, Professionate
14. Online Shopping Is Quite Safe & Beneficial! Don’t Miss Out Everyday Deals
15. Worried About Bad Credit? You May Still Get A Small Business Loan In 2018
Author: Ankit Shrivastavaa