ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Jerusalem Guide To The Different Gates
Total Articles: 6
Jerusalem the holy city located in Israel is long celebrated as a tourist spot. Earlier, this city was considered the tourist spot ideal for spiritual tourists. But, now this holy city has many other attractions suitable for different people of different age groups. Among the many attractions, the Old City of Jerusalem, which is surrounded by walls was built by the Ottoman Sultan between 1536 and 1541. Still, it stands magnificent and it is the gates of the Old City that acts as the entry point. Let us get into the gates that can impress you to a great extent:
The Damascus gate: This is the impressive of all those standing tall in Jerusalem. This was inaugurated in the year 1542 and it stands as the wonderful example of the Islamic architecture. It is located in the northern side of the walls, where the visitors can find the places from where soldiers hid themselves for attacking the enemies. It leads towards the Muslim quarter, which is the trading center of the old city.
The Zion gate: It is located on the southern part of the ramparts and it acts as the entrance for the Jewish quarter. It got this name because of its proximity to the Mount Zion. Even, now, the bullet holes that were created during the 1948 war of independence is found and this is the reason why this entry point is called as Weeping gate and also wounded gate.
The Jaffa gate: The year 1538 was the year of construction of this entry point and as it leads to Hebron, it is termed as Al-Halil, which means Hebron Gate. Visitors can find two Turkish tombs near the entrance, which denotes the two engineers, who were given the job of construction and were buried here. When the best Jerusalem guide is chosen by the visitors, they can collect the complete details about different attractions in this holy city. Even, the tour guide in Israel can take them to other parts of this country as well in addition to Jerusalem.
The Golden Gate: This is important because of its special significance to the three major religions. Jews believe that the Messiah will enter through this gate to the city, while Christians believe that Jesus came into this city only through this entry point for the last time. Also, Islamic people consider this to be the place, where justice will prevail on the day of judgment. This is why the Jerusalem guide suggests his customers to visit this place.
So, when the best tour guide in Israel is chosen, it will be possible for people to explore different places in this country.
Private Tour guide for your trip in Israel. Ori Stern is passionate for showing off the beauty of the holy land with best quality services. You can live like a local and explore the wonders of the city and can have a joyful journey with Ori. Call today to know more about tour guide Israel to have beautiful vacation.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson