ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Most Common Plumbing Emergencies
Total Articles: 1
A plumbing emergency can result in serious damage. That is why it is imperative that you call a professional if you are experiencing a plumbing emergency. However, there are some things that you will need to do while you are waiting for a plumber. Below are some of the most common plumbing emergencies and what you can do until the plumber comes:
Your toilet is your most used plumbing fixture. That is why an overflowing toilet requires immediate attention from a professional company. While you are waiting for the plumber to arrive, you will need to turn off the water supply to your toilet. Turning off the water supply to the toilet will temporarily stop it from overflowing.
Burst pipes are very common in the winter time. The cold air can cause the water inside of the pipes to freeze. If the pipe freezes, then it will expand and eventually burst. High water pressure is something else that can cause your pipes to burst. Additionally, if your pipes are old, then they are more prone to bursting.
You will need to turn off the main water supply in your home while you are waiting for the plumber to arrive. If you turn off the water supply, then you will prevent your home from flooding. You may also want to turn off the electricity. A professional plumber can either repair or replace the damaged pipe.
Plumbing emergencies cannot always be avoided. However, you can reduce the chances of developing a burst pipe by making sure that your pipes are properly insulated during the winter time.
Leaking Water Heater
A leaking water heater can cause serious damage to your home. It could also cause your electric bill to increase. You can prevent a major flood from occurring by turning off the water supply to your water heater.
No Hot Water In The Home
Most people have had the unpleasant experience of turning on the water while in the shower and the water is ice cold. There are several things that can cause you to not have any hot water inside of your home. It could be caused by a plumbing leak or malfunctioning water heater. A utility problem could also cause you to not have any hot water inside of your home. However, you should contact a plumber so that the cause of the problem can be determined.
Sewer Back Up
Sewer back up is another problem that can result in costly damage. You will need to avoid using the sink or toilet until the plumber fixes the problem. If any water is sent down the drain, then it can actually worsen the problem. customplumbing.ca
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden