ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Top 3 Must-visit Forts Of Rajasthan
Total Articles: 400
There is such a joy in exploring the forts of Rajasthan. They are not some monuments created by the kings in the past for most travellers. A lot of tourists choose Rajasthan holiday packages for their beauty and legendary history. It is an integral part of fort sightseeing because the names like Maharana Pratap, Prithviraj Chauhan, and Raja Man Singh are associated with some of the bloody and brave battles in Indian history. It is impossible to visit these forts without feeling the lingering presence of these brave kings and their lineage. When you plan any holiday package in North Indian region, see if you can visit any of the following forts.
This UNESCO world heritage site, located in SawaiMadhopur, represents the bravery of the generations of kings. Standing tall in the middle of the jungle, this fort was designed to offer strong defence against the Mughal forces when Raja Sajraj Veer Singh Nagil.
It is spelled and pronounced as Amber fort locally. But, most for international tourists, Amer fort has that aesthetic ambiance and opulence of the forgotten era that reveres the sacrifices and nobility. This fort was an opulent palace where dynasties lived and ruled. This imperial palace has four courtyards, temples, several royal residences, 3 royal gates, assemblies, horse stables, and more. The Sheesh Mahal and Shila Devi Mandir are worth the visit. They are the true icons of Indian legacy, aesthetics and style. This is a UNESCO World Heritage Site too.
It’s one of the largest fortifications in India. Built in 1156 AD, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is known for the finest defence systems for its era. With three layers of walls and exciting battle legends, this fort continues to demonstrate its importance in pre-independence era, when is connected India with Pakistan. On the golden myriad of sand, this fort stands tall till date to dazzle its visitors with royal palaces, entrance gates, a five-storied tower and temples.
There are 3 more forts in Rajasthan that are worthy of being part of Rajasthan holiday packages itineraries. Though, your holiday package can also include adventure sports, cultural sights and temples, these forts represent the glory of Rajasthan when India was as its peak. Today, it doesn’t have the opulence of the past, but it stands in the middle of the Thar Desert to claim its privilege. These iconic forts are perfect set up for all kinds of holiday packages in Northern India.
About the Author
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and finds the best deals on holiday packages to pursue his passion. He recently explored Rajasthan on a holiday package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson