ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Top 3 Must-visit Forts Of Rajasthan
Total Articles: 400
There is such a joy in exploring the forts of Rajasthan. They are not some monuments created by the kings in the past for most travellers. A lot of tourists choose Rajasthan holiday packages for their beauty and legendary history. It is an integral part of fort sightseeing because the names like Maharana Pratap, Prithviraj Chauhan, and Raja Man Singh are associated with some of the bloody and brave battles in Indian history. It is impossible to visit these forts without feeling the lingering presence of these brave kings and their lineage. When you plan any holiday package in North Indian region, see if you can visit any of the following forts.
This UNESCO world heritage site, located in SawaiMadhopur, represents the bravery of the generations of kings. Standing tall in the middle of the jungle, this fort was designed to offer strong defence against the Mughal forces when Raja Sajraj Veer Singh Nagil.
It is spelled and pronounced as Amber fort locally. But, most for international tourists, Amer fort has that aesthetic ambiance and opulence of the forgotten era that reveres the sacrifices and nobility. This fort was an opulent palace where dynasties lived and ruled. This imperial palace has four courtyards, temples, several royal residences, 3 royal gates, assemblies, horse stables, and more. The Sheesh Mahal and Shila Devi Mandir are worth the visit. They are the true icons of Indian legacy, aesthetics and style. This is a UNESCO World Heritage Site too.
It’s one of the largest fortifications in India. Built in 1156 AD, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is known for the finest defence systems for its era. With three layers of walls and exciting battle legends, this fort continues to demonstrate its importance in pre-independence era, when is connected India with Pakistan. On the golden myriad of sand, this fort stands tall till date to dazzle its visitors with royal palaces, entrance gates, a five-storied tower and temples.
There are 3 more forts in Rajasthan that are worthy of being part of Rajasthan holiday packages itineraries. Though, your holiday package can also include adventure sports, cultural sights and temples, these forts represent the glory of Rajasthan when India was as its peak. Today, it doesn’t have the opulence of the past, but it stands in the middle of the Thar Desert to claim its privilege. These iconic forts are perfect set up for all kinds of holiday packages in Northern India.
About the Author
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and finds the best deals on holiday packages to pursue his passion. He recently explored Rajasthan on a holiday package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco