ALL >> Business >> View Article
Why It Is Important To Measure Moisture Content In Grains?
Total Articles: 12
Accurate testing of moisture content is important in grains, so that they can be rightly managed and marketed. Inaccurate test can lead to the following consequences:
When the grain is not dried as per the market standard, the farmer will have to incur extra drying cost and also there will be a loss of value to the granule.
When it is sold too wet, moisture shrinkage and drying charges will have to be incurred
If the harvest is done in a wetter condition, the farmer will have to face losses to a great extent.
Due to the above-mentioned reasons, it is highly important that the farmers will have to opt for digital moisture meter. This will be helpful for them to identify the right time of harvest, the right level of heating to be done for ensuring the correct level of wetness/dryness. All these things will ensure the best output to the farmers.
Using the moisture tester: There are online stores that sell different types of useful devices for farmers like seed grader, seed counter and they also have moisture meter for testing the wetness of grains in different models and varieties. When a farmer purchases a portable grain moisture tester, the first thing he will have to do is to ensure whether the battery is charged. This is because if the battery is not at its good level, there are chances of inaccurate readings. It is recommended to keep the battery away, if the device is not going to be used for longer period, so that leakage and damage can be prevented.
In addition to these things, it is also important that the farmer purchasing digital moisture meter, should carefully understand the user manual and if he has any doubts, he can get in touch with the manufacturer for clarifications. Here, particular attention should be given to the temperature compensation method of the tester and the temperature of the grain can have a large impact on the moisture readings.
How to check the accuracy of the testing device? The farmers can check the readings against readings from elevator’s or mills tester. Doing this once in a year will help in ensuring that the device is performing well.
Not only this device, the effectiveness of other agricultural devices like seed grader and seed counter should also be checked then and there for ensuring accuracy and effectiveness, so that the purchaser can get long-term benefits.
A-GRAIN (India) is involved in the development, manufacturing and marketing post harvest test equipments and seed processing machinery. We also manufacture a host of products like grain moisture testers, seed dividers, seed germinators, seed processing plants etc. To get more details visit us at http://www.a-grain.in/
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla