ALL >> Business >> View Article
Why It Is Important To Measure Moisture Content In Grains?
Total Articles: 12
Accurate testing of moisture content is important in grains, so that they can be rightly managed and marketed. Inaccurate test can lead to the following consequences:
When the grain is not dried as per the market standard, the farmer will have to incur extra drying cost and also there will be a loss of value to the granule.
When it is sold too wet, moisture shrinkage and drying charges will have to be incurred
If the harvest is done in a wetter condition, the farmer will have to face losses to a great extent.
Due to the above-mentioned reasons, it is highly important that the farmers will have to opt for digital moisture meter. This will be helpful for them to identify the right time of harvest, the right level of heating to be done for ensuring the correct level of wetness/dryness. All these things will ensure the best output to the farmers.
Using the moisture tester: There are online stores that sell different types of useful devices for farmers like seed grader, seed counter and they also have moisture meter for testing the wetness of grains in different models and varieties. When a farmer purchases a portable grain moisture tester, the first thing he will have to do is to ensure whether the battery is charged. This is because if the battery is not at its good level, there are chances of inaccurate readings. It is recommended to keep the battery away, if the device is not going to be used for longer period, so that leakage and damage can be prevented.
In addition to these things, it is also important that the farmer purchasing digital moisture meter, should carefully understand the user manual and if he has any doubts, he can get in touch with the manufacturer for clarifications. Here, particular attention should be given to the temperature compensation method of the tester and the temperature of the grain can have a large impact on the moisture readings.
How to check the accuracy of the testing device? The farmers can check the readings against readings from elevator’s or mills tester. Doing this once in a year will help in ensuring that the device is performing well.
Not only this device, the effectiveness of other agricultural devices like seed grader and seed counter should also be checked then and there for ensuring accuracy and effectiveness, so that the purchaser can get long-term benefits.
A-GRAIN (India) is involved in the development, manufacturing and marketing post harvest test equipments and seed processing machinery. We also manufacture a host of products like grain moisture testers, seed dividers, seed germinators, seed processing plants etc. To get more details visit us at http://www.a-grain.in/
Business Articles1. Eglobedata Released Most Accurate Real Estate Industry Email List And Build New Revenue Streams
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Switch To Pharmacists Email List For Getting Cost Effective And Good Return
Author: Andrew Rayel
3. Explore An Opportunity For New Business Prospects With Business Development Executives Email Lists
Author: Charles Daniel
4. Ideal Instrument Services Are The Leading Dealer And Distributor Of Mitutoyo Products In Pune
Author: biz porto
5. Landed House Exterior Contractor – A Preferred Landed Property Renovation Contractor Singapore Can S
Author: James Han
6. Why You May Need A Photobooth On Your Big Day
7. Carpet Styles
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc.
8. Trade Show Display Rental- All You Require For Incredible Brand Value
Author: Daniel Wilson
9. Scada Free – Access Data From Remote Location Easily With The Help Of Web Scada !
Author: Archer Finch
10. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
11. Documentation Of Employee Discussions Is All Important
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog
Author: Unknown Member
13. Best Scar Removal Creams
14. Why Should You Hire Huntington Beach Dry Cleansing Service Provider?
Author: Robert Paul
15. Rajasthan College Of Engineering For Women
Author: Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women