ALL >> General >> View Article
Masonry Crack Repair Makes Wall Safe!
Total Articles: 6
Twistfix regularly distribute leads for masonry crack repair work in London and other major cities to members of our registered contractor scheme. Under the scheme builders can apply for registration for specific skill areas within the UK regions that they service. After becoming a registered contractor Twistfix will pass on details of incoming project leads from property owners, main contractors and engineers relating to the appropriate registered skill areas and the geographical regions serviced.
It was through one of our registered contractors, Slavo Kysel of D2D Projects in Croydon, Surrey that Twistfix products were utilised for a masonry crack repair project in Wimbledon, London SW19.
A long crack had appeared on an internal wall of the house. Slavo was keen to establish the full extent of damage to the cracked wall and had his workmen remove the cracked wall plaster for a closer inspection. Once the plaster had been removed from the area the full extent of the crack in the wall could be seen. The vertical crack ran almost the height of the wall and needed attending to without delay to ensure the wall was made safe.
In accordance with our crack stitching guide the contractor cut a number of slots into the cracked brickwork to the depth specified in the guide. In this case, as the wall was of 220mm solid construction, the slots were cut into the mortar beds to a minimum depth of 45mm to facilitate installation of our helical bars at the appropriate depth.
The stainless steel crack stitching bars were bonded into the slots using WHO-60 masonry repair grout. The high performance grout interlocks with the high profile reinforcement bar and bonds it to the brickwork to provide a physical stitch to lock the masonry in place on both sides of the cracked wall.
The helical reinforcing bars were positioned to provide a reinforced zone that extends 500mm each side of the vertical fracture to reconnect and stabilise the wall.
By installing a series of masonry crack stitching bars, spaced at close intervals the wall, which was formerly in poor condition has been made safe with a structural masonry repair that will provide resilience against further cracking tendencies. With the crack repaired the wall can simply be plastered and then decorated once more. Cracks in walls can be found in many older houses from London to Glasgow. Fortunately masonry crack stitching offers a method of masonry repair that is cost effective, reliable and permanent. Well done D2D Projects.
General Articles1. Weed For Sale Online
2. 4 Most Important Tips For Fire Safety – The Safety Master
3. Why Investing In Promotional Bluetooth Speakers Is A Great Idea?
Author: Neo Martin
4. Digital And Screen Printing In Dubai, Lanyard Printing In Sharjah
6. How To Become A Profitable Magnesium Oxide Manufacturer?
Author: hu Allen
7. Purchase A Good Quality Stroller For Your Large Dog!
8. Get Instant Information Technology Assignment Help From Experts
9. Popular Elements Of Jewelry This Year@thereal.su
10. Personality Customization Pk Product Diamond Jewelry Who Will Win@thereal.su
11. Buy Brand Diamond Ring The Uneconomic@thereal.su
12. Watch Has Several Important Considerations In Process Indicators@thereal.su
13. Graff Diamonds Of Wang Xin Wrist Watch@thereal.su
14. The Home Inspection Nyc Can Help To Maintain Good Living Conditions In Your Home
15. Wodurch Die Armreifen Wu's Farbenfrohes Kleid Schmeicheln