ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Is The Correct Treatment For Spinal Disc Herniation?
Total Articles: 38
Spinal Disc Protrusion, as a medical disorder, occurs when the outer part of the spine develops a tear, allowing the inner gelatinous substance to leak out and apply pressure to the nerve which is situated in the spine. In this article we help provide you with the correct treatment for this disorder, as well as for the formal term of the same, called as Spinal Disc Herniation.
The spine has 26 vertebrates that start from the base of the head to the bottom of the back. Spinal disc protrusions or slip disc can occur in two areas and are defined by the areas they are affecting. The different types of Spinal Disc Herniation which can affect patients include:
Cervical Disc Herniation:
It occurs in the neck normally between the fifth and sixth and the sixth and seventh cervical vertebra bones. The symptoms can be felt at the back of the skull, lower neck, shoulder girdle, and the arm and down the hands.
Lumbar Disc Herniation:
It occurs in the lower back mostly between the fourth and fifth lumbar vertebral bodies or between the fifth and the sacrum which is located at the bottom of the spine. The symptoms can affect the lower back, buttocks, and thigh and lower bodies’ right till the foot. Normally the sciatic nerve gets affected causing the symptoms of sciatica.
Causes and Symptoms:
The causes of spinal disc protrusions or herniation can range from mechanical reasons like lifting heavy objects in the wrong position, or event a blunt force trauma to the spine. Other habits like smoking or a bad diet can lead to a slip disc. Other genetic disorders like aging and normal wear and tear of the bones of the spine will also lead to the slip disc. The symptoms can range from sever back pain which can only be relieved when you lie down in a flat position.
The sciatica nerve can also get affected in spinal disc protrusions, where the pain will radiate from the bottom to the calf. Other symptoms include weakness in the muscles and the pins and needles feeling the same area. In very rare cases the CaudaEquina Syndrome occurs where the bowel and bladder moments gets affected. Normally a digital spine analysis can be undertaken to get an accurate diagnose and prescribe the correct slip disc treatment.
• Medication: normally a course of medication is prescribed as a slip disc treatment normally to handle the pain and ease it.
• Bed rest: a few weeks of bed rest is prescribed to ensure that the spine heals properly and adequately. Movements maybe restricted to prevent the damage from occurring further.
• Weight control: a dietary plan or exercise routine will be prescribed to strengthen the back muscles to prevent the spinal disc from occurring again.
• Light exercising: this is one of the simplest and easiest form of slip disc treatment that can be found. This is to ensure that muscles do not become weak when the spine begins to heal.
Dr.Sejal Thakkar, A Spine Consultant at Qi Spine Clinic, She is driven by the goal of achieving excellence in clinical practice by constantly updating her knowledge and has a special interest in movement analysis and done several workshops on Kinetic Control-Movement solutions, spinal disc protrusions and slip disc treatment.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important