ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Cure Slip Disc?
Total Articles: 38
Slip disc or spinal disc protrusions as it is commonly known as is disorder that affects the spine, and mostly the lower back. In this condition, the soft liquid cushion which is situated inside the spinal disc leaks out and pressurizes the nerves in the spine. While this is a painful form of disorder, the slip disc treatment is simple enough to cure it. In this article, we give you information about how to cure slip disc
Cause of slip disc
In order to treat the slip disc one must first understand the cause behind it. the main causes of the spinal disc protrusions are:
• Poor weight-lifting technique when lifting heavy objects
• Smoking and drinking excessively
• Occupations involving extended periods of sitting or standing for example office work, taxi driving or travelling standing.
• Trauma to the lower back
• Age related wear and tear of the disc which involved drying out of the lubricant on the disc
While certain causes can be avoided other causes like age related origins cannot be avoided by can be treated before the onset of the symptoms. Spinal disc protrusions can occur in less than 1 case out of 20. It also affects the age category of 30 to 50 year olds. It also affects men more than women.
• Back pain: normally the pain occurs suddenly and can be only eased if you are lying down flat. Any slight movements especially to your back even when you cough or sneeze can cause intense pain.
• Nerve root pain usually sciatica: with spinal disc protrusions the nerve coming from the spinal cord is pressed by the affected slip disc. In this symptom, you will feel the pain along the course of the back of your buttock, to your leg and calf. This is when the sciatica nerve gets affected and is more painful than the back pain.
• Pins and needles symptoms: in this symptom, the nerve next to the spine may be irritated or pressurized and therefore cause the feeling similar to pins and needles. It may also followed by the symptom of numbness or weakness in the lower parts of the body
• Caudaequina syndrome: this is when the nerves at the bottom of the spinal cord are affected and cause bowel and bladder problems.
The slip disc treatment is very simple and can be undertaken under the guidance of the specialists. All you need is sufficient rest to let the spine heal. The slip disc treatment also includes involvement of light exercises to prevent the muscles from atrophying and also become stronger to support the back muscles and prevent it from reoccurring.
Dr.Sejal Thakkar, A Spine Consultant at Qi Spine Clinic,She is driven by the goal of achieving excellence in clinical practice by constantly updating her knowledge and has a special interest in movement analysis and done several workshops on Kinetic Control-Movement solutions, splic disc protrusions and slip disc treatment.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important