ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Cure Slip Disc?
Total Articles: 38
Slip disc or spinal disc protrusions as it is commonly known as is disorder that affects the spine, and mostly the lower back. In this condition, the soft liquid cushion which is situated inside the spinal disc leaks out and pressurizes the nerves in the spine. While this is a painful form of disorder, the slip disc treatment is simple enough to cure it. In this article, we give you information about how to cure slip disc
Cause of slip disc
In order to treat the slip disc one must first understand the cause behind it. the main causes of the spinal disc protrusions are:
• Poor weight-lifting technique when lifting heavy objects
• Smoking and drinking excessively
• Occupations involving extended periods of sitting or standing for example office work, taxi driving or travelling standing.
• Trauma to the lower back
• Age related wear and tear of the disc which involved drying out of the lubricant on the disc
While certain causes can be avoided other causes like age related origins cannot be avoided by can be treated before the onset of the symptoms. Spinal disc protrusions can occur in less than 1 case out of 20. It also affects the age category of 30 to 50 year olds. It also affects men more than women.
• Back pain: normally the pain occurs suddenly and can be only eased if you are lying down flat. Any slight movements especially to your back even when you cough or sneeze can cause intense pain.
• Nerve root pain usually sciatica: with spinal disc protrusions the nerve coming from the spinal cord is pressed by the affected slip disc. In this symptom, you will feel the pain along the course of the back of your buttock, to your leg and calf. This is when the sciatica nerve gets affected and is more painful than the back pain.
• Pins and needles symptoms: in this symptom, the nerve next to the spine may be irritated or pressurized and therefore cause the feeling similar to pins and needles. It may also followed by the symptom of numbness or weakness in the lower parts of the body
• Caudaequina syndrome: this is when the nerves at the bottom of the spinal cord are affected and cause bowel and bladder problems.
The slip disc treatment is very simple and can be undertaken under the guidance of the specialists. All you need is sufficient rest to let the spine heal. The slip disc treatment also includes involvement of light exercises to prevent the muscles from atrophying and also become stronger to support the back muscles and prevent it from reoccurring.
Dr.Sejal Thakkar, A Spine Consultant at Qi Spine Clinic,She is driven by the goal of achieving excellence in clinical practice by constantly updating her knowledge and has a special interest in movement analysis and done several workshops on Kinetic Control-Movement solutions, splic disc protrusions and slip disc treatment.
Health Articles1. In Choosing A General Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Alternative Medication- A Better Way Of Medication
Author: Bhavesh Desai
3. Types Of Shoulder And Knee Pain
Author: Mahesh Singh`
4. Infertility And Pcos Problems That You Need To Sort Out
Author: Swati Desai
5. Hipaa Compliant Medical Patient Release Forms - Cakeintake
Author: Cake Intake
6. Small Male Organ Coupling: Working Around The Size Issue
Author: John Dugan
7. Medical Conditions In Which Cerebral Palsy Treatment Becomes Essential
Author: Nupur Jha
8. Excel Family Dental - Root Canal Retreatment
Author: Heidi Huang
9. Choose The Right Home Gym In Kelowna
Author: Dennis Ritchie is the author of this article
10. Best Mass Gaining Dietary Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
11. Advantages Of Stem Cell Therapy You Need To Know About
Author: Nupur Jha
12. Pcos – Awareness , Symptoms And Treatment.
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
13. Defy The Inevitable Process Of Skin Aging And Discoloration
Author: Rutuja Gupta
14. Breast Enlargement Surgery For An Attractive Body!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
15. Buy Siemens Hearing Aids In Kolkata At Best Price