ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Organic Wood Jewelry Makes For A Worthy Buy
Total Articles: 1
Everyone likes to appear special in their own way. That is called individual style. There are a number of ways in which one can deck up. While someone does it with makeup, there are others who can opt for organic wood jewelry. Yes, organic wood jewelry is the latest and most talked about in the fashion industry. The use of jewelry in accentuating one's looks goes back in history. Even when metals and precious stones were not in vogue, it was jewelry made from organic materials that were commonplace. Centuries later, custom handcrafted jewelry from these organic materials have found their way back in the mainstream. Organic body jewelry in wood therefore makes for a great style statement. One just needs to carry it well.
Organic wood jewelry is simple and beautiful and can be worn with any attire. Plus, being derived from wood which is a natural resource, there are very few chance of it causing any kind of irritation to the skin. However, there is an afterthought. If you are one who has got a recent stretching done, then re-think wearing even organic body jewelry. The wood jewelry being porous might retain moisture which might lead to infection in the healing skin. Apart from that, there is hardly any concern with the use of organic body jewelry.
It all makes sense to invest in organic body jewelry especially the ones made from wood. Wood happens to be one of the oldest forms of naturally occurring resource that has been utilized in body piercing jewelry. Since they are lightweight in nature, it gives your piercing or stretching room to breathe hence ruling out any chance of bacteria and buildup. Wood absorbs natural oils and sweat from the body making the healing process smooth and fast.
Generally, three kind of wood is used in making organic body jewelry from wood. These are Sawo Wood, Sono Wood and Crocodile Wood.
The Sawo wood is derived from an evergreen tree that is native to Central America, Southern Mexico and the Caribbean. Sporting a fleshy colored tone ranging from something between peach to slight red, the organic wood jewelry made from this wood is one of the good buys.
Sono Wood on the other hand is a native of South Eastern Asia. A much expensive variety, this kind of wood is strong and durable with a slight rose scent and purple hue. Some might also occur to be deep brown with streaks.
The Crocodile Wood variety is the native of Phillipines. Translation of the word means crocodile teeth which is because of the tooth shaped growths covering the trunk of the tree. The wood appears to be white in color. However, finding a few pieces with narrow dark stripes is not unusual. The Crocodile wood is smooth which makes it easier to make the carving.
The use of organic wood jewelry is therefore not new. What might have gone out of fashion, is really coming back with a bang.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Tips To Choose A Magnetic Bracelet
2. 9 Universal Fashion Hacks For Every Curvy Girl!
Author: Hampry Gomes
3. Emerging Fashion Trends Towards Sophistication.
4. One Stop Shop With Best Prices For All Your Used Clothes
Author: Dave Brown
5. Sale Of Optical Products On Internet
6. Be A Show Stopper With Michael Kors Bags!
7. 5 T-shirt Designs That Will Never Go Out Of Fashion
Author: Maulik Shah
8. What Are The Benefits Of Buying African Fabrics?
Author: Anil kumar
9. What Is The Perfect Business Attire For Women?
10. How To Look More Confident In Your Business Attire?
11. What Kind Of Skirt Suits Is Mostly Appropriate In Offices?
12. Luminox Land Sentry 0200 Series Swiss Quartz 100m Xl.0201.bo Men's Watch| When Hands-free Timekeepin
Author: Jasson C
13. Find Beautiful Designer Jackets For Womens Online
14. Factors To Consider When Buying High Heels
Author: Sam u
15. Bridesmaid Dresses - Get Your Bridesmaids Shine On Your Wedding Day