ALL >> General >> View Article
Gum Disease & Dental Implants As A Solution
Total Articles: 16
Anyone who has been to their Sun City dentist has heard of gum disease before and is warned of the negative effects that come along with it. To better understand how to fight a disease you must first learn all you can
Periodontal or gum disease affects about 47 percent of Americans. People 65 and above have a higher chance of developing the disease. This is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the gum tissue and teeth.
If left untreated gum disease can have serious consequences based on how rapidly it grows. The worst form of this disease causes tooth loss due to irreversible damage to connective tissue.
Although gum disease is connected to other chronic inflammatory diseases like diabetes and heart disease, there is really only one way to develop it. The mouth is full of bacteria that are constantly forming a colorless, sticky residue called plaque on teeth. This plaque is still removable by brushing and flossing.
If this plaque is left there too long because of inadequate brushing it hardens and become tartar. Tartar can only be removed by a dentist. People who don’t brush enough and skip out on their twice a year dental appointments are at a higher risk for developing gum disease.
Forms of Gum Disease
Gingivitis is the first and most mild form of the disease. Fortunately at this stage the effects are reversible and no bone loss is present. The bacteria causes inflamed sensitive gums that bleed frequently. If caught in this stage brushing, flossing, and dental visits help correct the problem.
Once gingivitis advances it becomes Periodontist and bigger issues arise. This is where the gums begin to pull away from the teeth and form pockets that become infected. At this point the immune system has to help fight off the infection which creates a deeper problem.
In the natural response the immune system releases bacteria toxins that breakdown the connective tissue holding the teeth in place. This is what causes the teeth to decay and become loose. At this stage tooth removal
becomes necessary and dental implants are the best viable solution.
At different stages there are recommended treatments to help. Once in the more serious stage the focus becomes controlling the infection. All treatments include good daily oral care from home.
The other treatments vary but can include behavioral changes such as smoking habits to help increase the chances of success. A lung cancer patient wouldn’t continue to smoke because it adds to the cancer. The
same logic is applied to gum disease.
Although almost half of Americans are affected by periodontal disease it can be treated early. Practicing proper oral health can help prevent this disease, along with minimizing the damage done.
General Articles1. Neurostimulation Devices Market Opportunity, Trends And Growth Analysis, Industry Forecast To 2025
Author: Chris Smith
2. Tamilnadu Politics
3. Exclusive Tips To Hire Pro Roofing Services At Minimal Cost
4. Hydraulic, Thermoplastic, Industrial Hose Manufacturer
5. Best Electronic Recharge Platform To Get Instant Top Up Services
6. Reliable Motorola Service Centre Leeds – Motorola Repairer
7. Update Extends Dx Beyond Traditional Channels On
8. The Popularity Of Indian Sweets Online In Usa
Author: Ghasitaram Gifts
9. Guide To Choose Destination Wedding Photographer In Southern California
Author: Sagar Gore
10. Most Current New Trends And Styles In Pearl Jewelry
11. $211,500 Jackie Kennedy’s Legendary Three Strand Faux Pearl Necklace
12. Find Experienced Traffic Ticket Lawyer Houston To Have The Case Dismissed In The Court
13. Il Rapporto Con Blanchett è Cresciuto Intorno Agli Abiti Oscar E Sag
14. Tips For Hiring Best Orlando Wedding Videographer
Author: Sagar Gore
15. Textiles Turning Eco-friendly.
Author: Sanath Shah