ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Gm Vehicle Diagnostic Reports
Total Articles: 1
2015 promises to bring big changes to all GM model vehicles. The OnStar service that most people have grown to love will become a bit more advanced, and it will offer more services. When purchasing a car from the new lineup, GM will offer buyers a diagnostic report service. The services will be provided through OnStar, and will help drivers understand what is going on with their vehicles.
Maintenance notifications will be provided at no additional charge through your service with OnStar. When signing up for the OnStar basic package, they will get five years’ worth of notifications. These reports were only available to paying subscribers in times past, but now they are going to be included in all 2015 model GM cars or trucks.
Dealers see this as a huge opportunity. This is expected to affect about 2.5 million people in the US and Canada. Some already receive regular maintenance reports from the dealer, but many will begin with the purchase of their new car. A recent survey found that customers, who have been emailed notifications from their dealership, were two times more likely to come in and have their vehicle serviced. So for the dealership, this is another win-win, as they will be able to increase their revenues.
It was back in 2008 when GM launched their maintenance notification program. These reports will check readings from the vital parts of the car, the engine, transmission and brakes. Customers will have to agree to have the reports come to them via OnStar, but a report saying the anti-lock brakes are working perfectly is always a good report to have. Also, when the reporting system detects trouble within the engine right before a nice vacation, it would become an imperative notification.
Once a car sends a reading of trouble to the customer, it also sends a notification to the dealer. The dealer will in return email the customers so that they can schedule an appointment for service. If the check-engine light is on, the dealership will know it and be proactive about helping the customer get it fixed. If a customer needs a tire rotation or there is a safety recall on the car, the dealer can also help with these issues.
GM is executing this change in combination with its introduction of the new 4G WI-FI high-speed connectivity, which is available on nearly all 2015 vehicle models. They will be offered two OnStar packages, $19.05 and $29.95. The basic package will give them safety and security, but for an additional ten dollars, they will get the package that gives them turn-by-turn directions. To get 4G service in the vehicle will only cost anywhere from $5.00-$50.00 per month. The price will be dependent upon the data needed.
It's a bold move for GM, but executives feel it is a move that will put them on the map. Cars and trucks that can let the driver know when there is an issue is simply ingenious.
Beck & Masten Buick GMC South is a leading Buick & GMC Dealership serving Houston, TX. Stop by today for a great car, truck, or SUV. If you are searching for Buick dealers in Houston area using the keywords Buick Houston or Houston area Buick dealers, visit our dealership today!
Automobiles Articles1. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
2. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
3. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
4. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
5. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
9. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
10. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
11. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
12. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
13. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
14. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point