ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Correct Treatment To Cure Chronic Sciatica PainBy Expert Author: Dr Sejal Thakkar
Sciatica refers to pain, weakness, numbness, or tingling in the leg. It is caused by an injury to or pressure on the sciatic nerve. Sciatica pain is a symptom of another medical problem, not a medical condition on its own. This type of radiculopathy is normally a symptom of another medical problem but normally not a medical condition of its own. In this article, we give you information regarding the correct sciatica treatment.
What is the sciatica nerve?
The sciatica nerve begins in the lower back from the spinal nerves in L4 though S3 and runs through the buttocks and the lower limbs. It is one of the longest and widest single nerve which supplies nearly the whole skin of the leg, muscles of the back thigh and the leg till the foot. When there is pressure, or injury to this nerve, sciatica pain occurs which radiates down the back, under the buttocks and down the back of the leg.
There are several causes for sciatica pain. This kind of radiculopathy is normally where painful, especially in the lower part of the body. The common causes for sciatica pain are:
• Spinal stenosis
• Disc herniation
• Piriformis syndrome where the muscles in the buttocks narrow down.
• Injury or fracture to the Pelvic bone
A chronic sciatica pain will occur for a long time and will subside only when you rest or sit in certain positions. The common symptoms for them include a mild tingling, dull ache or a burning sensation to the lower body. This pain can range from mild to unbearable where the person is unable to move. This high level of pain will include numbness or sharp pain in one or both parts of the leg or hip which will radiate to the back of the calf or the sole of the foot. This sciatica pain normally occurs:
• Right after you stand or sit
• During the night
• Sudden movements like sneezing, coughing, or laughing
• When you bend backward or walk a long distance.
The sciatica treatment depends on the primary cause and the severity of the pain. There is a high possibility that this kind of radiculopathy is a symptom of another medical condition and thus the doctor should check it and diagnose the correct cause of it, especially in the case of chronic sciatica pain. Normally, a simple and conservative treatment is used in many cases. These sciatica treatments include:
• Cold and heat therapy
• Over the counter pain killers, recommended by the doctor
The other methods that are included for the sciatica treatment are:
• Active lifestyle with the involvement of daily exercise
• No heavy lifting or twisting of the back
• Exercise to strengthen the back and the abdominal muscles.
Dr.Sejal Thakkar, A Spine Consultant at Qi Spine Clinic. She is driven by the goal of achieving excellence in clinical practice by constantly updating her knowledge and has a special interest in movement analysis and done several workshops on Kinetic Control-Movement solutions, radiculopathy and sciatica treatment.
Health Articles1. Abortion Clinics Contingencies That You Need To Know!
Author: Kumar Swaminathan
2. The Berkeley Acupuncture Clinic – All You Need To Know About Acupuncture
Author: Bina Jangda
3. Braces In Calhoun
Author: James mercer
4. Remote-controlled Sensual Toys For Long Distance Love
Author: John Dugan
5. Newly Approved Study Tells Stem Cell Research & Therapy Works For Autism
Author: Nupur Jha
6. Weight Loss Pills - An Easy And Proven Way To Lose Weight
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. How Restorative Dentistry Has Transformed People’s Lives?
Author: Ean Landen
8. How Are You Trying To Find The Best Cosmetic Dentist In Scottsdale, Az?
Author: Ellen Clarke
9. Can Aspirin Help In The Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer?
10. Herbal Supplements To Improve Testosterone And Male Stamina Safely
Author: Michael Jayden
11. Get To Know About Seven Unexpected Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy
Author: Manisha Nigam
12. These Sensual Mistakes Compromise Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
13. 4 Teeth Whitening Tips For A Whiter Smile
Author: Vikas Gowd
14. Ayurvedic Weight Loss Treatment To Burn Excess Body Fat Effectively
Author: Mitul Ranawat
15. Ayurvedic Treatment To Gain Weight And Increase Muscle Mass Safely
Author: Mitul Ranawat