ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Correct Treatment To Cure Chronic Sciatica Pain
Total Articles: 38
Sciatica refers to pain, weakness, numbness, or tingling in the leg. It is caused by an injury to or pressure on the sciatic nerve. Sciatica pain is a symptom of another medical problem, not a medical condition on its own. This type of radiculopathy is normally a symptom of another medical problem but normally not a medical condition of its own. In this article, we give you information regarding the correct sciatica treatment.
What is the sciatica nerve?
The sciatica nerve begins in the lower back from the spinal nerves in L4 though S3 and runs through the buttocks and the lower limbs. It is one of the longest and widest single nerve which supplies nearly the whole skin of the leg, muscles of the back thigh and the leg till the foot. When there is pressure, or injury to this nerve, sciatica pain occurs which radiates down the back, under the buttocks and down the back of the leg.
There are several causes for sciatica pain. This kind of radiculopathy is normally where painful, especially in the lower part of the body. The common causes for sciatica pain are:
• Spinal stenosis
• Disc herniation
• Piriformis syndrome where the muscles in the buttocks narrow down.
• Injury or fracture to the Pelvic bone
A chronic sciatica pain will occur for a long time and will subside only when you rest or sit in certain positions. The common symptoms for them include a mild tingling, dull ache or a burning sensation to the lower body. This pain can range from mild to unbearable where the person is unable to move. This high level of pain will include numbness or sharp pain in one or both parts of the leg or hip which will radiate to the back of the calf or the sole of the foot. This sciatica pain normally occurs:
• Right after you stand or sit
• During the night
• Sudden movements like sneezing, coughing, or laughing
• When you bend backward or walk a long distance.
The sciatica treatment depends on the primary cause and the severity of the pain. There is a high possibility that this kind of radiculopathy is a symptom of another medical condition and thus the doctor should check it and diagnose the correct cause of it, especially in the case of chronic sciatica pain. Normally, a simple and conservative treatment is used in many cases. These sciatica treatments include:
• Cold and heat therapy
• Over the counter pain killers, recommended by the doctor
The other methods that are included for the sciatica treatment are:
• Active lifestyle with the involvement of daily exercise
• No heavy lifting or twisting of the back
• Exercise to strengthen the back and the abdominal muscles.
Dr.Sejal Thakkar, A Spine Consultant at Qi Spine Clinic. She is driven by the goal of achieving excellence in clinical practice by constantly updating her knowledge and has a special interest in movement analysis and done several workshops on Kinetic Control-Movement solutions, radiculopathy and sciatica treatment.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat