ALL >> Business >> View Article
A Few Pointers On Using Heavy-duty Carton Sealing Tape And Wrapping FilmBy Expert Author: Clay Delgado
In order to protect their valuable cargo for long voyages, shipping companies must utilize proper packaging. This involves not only the right type of shipping crate, box, or container, but also the correct wraps and adhesives to seal the cargo. In shipping industrial and commercial goods,
heavy-duty carton sealing tape and wrap films are commonly used.
These films and adhesives are quite different from the arts and craft materials most people are aware of. As these are used to secure heavy or delicate cargoes, they need to have the right properties to withstand outside forces and elements. Additionally, there are the more specific concerns that apply only to certain types of adhesives, as discussed below.
For Carton Sealing Tape
Industrial adhesive tapes come in various types, depending on their use. Carton sealing tapes, for example, has two varieties: acrylic and hot melt. Acrylic carton sealing tapes are water-based adhesives that have long shelf lives and perform well in various temperatures. Hot melt carton sealing tapes, meanwhile, have strong adhesive properties, which allows them to stick even on rough, dirty, or rusty surfaces.
In most cases, either of these adhesives is viable for general packaging needs, but they each fulfill specific packaging requirements. For example, if certain items need to be stored in a freezer throughout the entire voyage, then acrylic tape is the ideal material to seal them. On the other hand, hot melt tape is the appropriate sealing solution for ferrying under or overfilled containers across huge distances.
For Wrapping Films
Shipping companies use
durable stretch wrap film to secure multiple packaged items in place, like stacks of corrugated boxes or piles of cargo pallets. While they also come in various types much like carton sealing tapes, wrapping films are slightly more complicated to use. Among other properties, the width and thickness of wrapping films have to be taken into account to determine their suitability for a cargo.
Twelve inch, 60 gauge films are best used for loads weighing around 1300 pounds, although 15” or 18” films should be used for larger items requiring top-to-bottom sealing. These films can be applied by hand, if necessary. Films with a gauge of 150, on the other hand, are suited for sealing loads weighing 3500 lbs. and heavier, and often require machine wrapping. For more details on these materials, visit: ebay.com/gds/Packaging-and-Posting-Boxes-How-to-Seal-and-Secure-Them-/10000000177329454/g.html.
Business Articles1. How To Success The Method Of Advertising A Website With The Help Of Ppc Management Services
2. Empire City Locksmith Presents Emergency Locksmith Services For Reasonable Prices
3. Empire City Locksmith: Find How To Enter In Home Or Car After Losing Keys
4. Empire City Locksmith Presents Best Technical Assistance For Guaranteed Security
5. Five Features To Notice When Hiring Locksmith Services In New York
6. Hire Empire City Locksmith To Get Superb Services In New York
7. What’s Fun About Co-working?
Author: Space Whiz
8. Importance Of Our Vegetarian Recipes To Your Health
9. Reliable Outlet For All Forms Of Executive Gifts
10. Get Latest Executive Gifts In Dubai
11. Best Store For Merlin Gifts
12. Best Places To Purchase Ramadan Corporate Gifts
13. Best Place To Buy Promotional Gifts
14. Best Place To Buy Highly Affordable Merlin Gifts
15. Best Place To Buy Company Gifts In Dubai