ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why Is A Shaker Kitchen Ideally Good For Small Spaces?By Author: Steve Mathews
The shaker kitchen style is a unique kitchen style that was derived from a religious section in the 17th century. This kitchen style incorporated a simplistic and functional design in their structures. Even today, this design style has been used for the modern day shaker wooden kitchens. In this article, we give you the reasons why a shaker kitchen is ideally good for small spaces.
Most of the furniture for the shaker kitchen style uses simplistic lines and designs on the units. These units range from furniture to storage units. Most of these furniture and units are free standing and can be placed at ones desire and need. This also incorporates the possibility of changes when there are more additions to the furniture and units. The design for this furniture and units is very simple and aims to utilize all the space that is available for the maximum functionality. Therefore you can have free standing tall cupboards that can be used to store mops or brooms, right of the sight. Experts at Sleek, Houzz and illya Shaker wooden kitchens suggest using minimum furniture for maximum functionality and usage of space.
The shaker kitchen has a unique sense of hardware units and accessories that helps in small places. For example the peg row is one such unique design found in the Shaker wooden kitchens. This peg row can be placed anywhere above the kitchen stove that can hold different utensils that are used on a daily basis. Pots, pans and large cutlery items with holders can be placed on these pegs. This peg row can also be placed behind doors to hang items on the door. In this way, there is more storage space in the storage unit itself. Experts at Sleek, Houzz and illya Shaker wooden kitchens also suggest using hardware items like cupboard knobs should be small and delicate, that can incorporate brass fittings or even china knobs, as these items are small and delicate and do not overwhelm the design of the shaker kitchens, making it look large.
Color themes play an important role in creating space illusions. Colors like white and cream provide a more spacious room. This color theme although very commonly used in Shaker wooden kitchens, is ideally perfect for a small place. A high gloss finish on such a color theme is also beneficial as the high gloss effect reflects the light off its surface and scatters it around the room. The best way to put your personal touch in such a color theme is to place kitchen items in bold colors around the room. Experts at Houzz, Sleek and illya Shaker wooden kitchens suggest using items like intricate bold vases and appliances as a contrast to the color theme.
About the Author
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent shaker wooden kitchens designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald