ALL >> Business >> View Article
Lacrosse Uniforms: Learning About The Basic Design Standards
Total Articles: 11
Lacrosse is a popular sport for anyone with an urge for agility and thrill. It is considered a combination of basketball, hockey, and soccer since it involves throwing and catching a ball, except carrying the ball in between tasks requires the use of a long-handled stick with a frame and shallow net. It is one of the fastest growing sports with rapidly-evolving uniform designs in North America.
Typical lacrosse uniforms are less sophisticated compared to those of football or softball. Among the features that they share in common with other uniforms are shoes and cleats, mouth guard, helmet, eye shield, and shoulder pads. The goalkeeper, on the other hand, wears a throat and chest protector. Like designs for other types of team uniforms, there are certain standards observed in designing lacrosse uniforms.
One of the popular standards used in designing lacrosse uniforms is the difference in colour usage for jerseys between high school and college. High school jerseys normally come in solid colours, while college jerseys may have mixed colours. In case a visiting team happens to have a uniform with almost similar colours as that of the home team, the home team is obliged to adjust by using a different uniform.
These uniform design standards generally apply to men’s uniforms. There’s a separate yet not too distinct set of standards for women’s uniform designs. A woman’s lacrosse uniform normally has the basic elements found in a man’s outfit albeit with additions, such as a nose guard and a soft hand gear. Shoulder padding may also be included but must not be thicker than one inch.
To avoid confusion and the need for urgent uniform replacement, each team is encouraged to provide sufficient notification to their opponents prior to the game. However, most lacrosse teams have several uniforms on hand, especially during each match, to prepare for such a need. This is all the more necessary during semi-final and final matches where there’s not enough room for delays.
The shoes must not have any metal plate or spike that can cause injury or affect speed and footwork. However, unlike
standard football uniforms, the shoes in lacrosse are not part of the uniform so they may not look the same, except the basic materials they are made of should be according to standards. For more information on the rules for lacrosse uniform design, visit nllacrosse.ca/coaches/basic-rules/canadian-box-lacrosse-rules/.
Business Articles1. Are You Looking For Instant Setup Of Hushmail Account On Iphone?
2. Industrial Portable Fans Are Designed To Keep The Work Place Safe!
Author: Mark Pingler
3. Business Coaching As A Valuable Asset For You And Your Business
Author: Ian Marsh
4. How To Make Gst Tax Invoice? Which Gst Software One Should Use?
Author: Sagar Gore
5. Easy Guide To Get The Best Custom Optical Filters
Author: Lee wood
6. Movers Services In Dubai, Movers And Packers Company In Dubai, Moving And Shifting Company In Dubai
7. Web Design And Seo Service Company
8. Fast & Reliable Onsite Computer Services
9. Coated Fabrics Market Size To Grow Over $22.57 Billion By 2020
Author: Gomez R
10. Carpet Cleaning And Upholstery Cleaning
11. Carpet Cleaning Services In Sherman Oaks
12. Cheap Carpet Steam Cleaning
13. The Provision Of These Loans Empowers You To Take Out Quick Cash
Author: Jack martin
14. Bearings Market Size Projected To Grow Over $110 Million By 2024
Author: Gomez R
15. Free Classifieds India