ALL >> Business >> View Article
Lacrosse Uniforms: Learning About The Basic Design Standards
Total Articles: 11
Lacrosse is a popular sport for anyone with an urge for agility and thrill. It is considered a combination of basketball, hockey, and soccer since it involves throwing and catching a ball, except carrying the ball in between tasks requires the use of a long-handled stick with a frame and shallow net. It is one of the fastest growing sports with rapidly-evolving uniform designs in North America.
Typical lacrosse uniforms are less sophisticated compared to those of football or softball. Among the features that they share in common with other uniforms are shoes and cleats, mouth guard, helmet, eye shield, and shoulder pads. The goalkeeper, on the other hand, wears a throat and chest protector. Like designs for other types of team uniforms, there are certain standards observed in designing lacrosse uniforms.
One of the popular standards used in designing lacrosse uniforms is the difference in colour usage for jerseys between high school and college. High school jerseys normally come in solid colours, while college jerseys may have mixed colours. In case a visiting team happens to have a uniform with almost similar colours as that of the home team, the home team is obliged to adjust by using a different uniform.
These uniform design standards generally apply to men’s uniforms. There’s a separate yet not too distinct set of standards for women’s uniform designs. A woman’s lacrosse uniform normally has the basic elements found in a man’s outfit albeit with additions, such as a nose guard and a soft hand gear. Shoulder padding may also be included but must not be thicker than one inch.
To avoid confusion and the need for urgent uniform replacement, each team is encouraged to provide sufficient notification to their opponents prior to the game. However, most lacrosse teams have several uniforms on hand, especially during each match, to prepare for such a need. This is all the more necessary during semi-final and final matches where there’s not enough room for delays.
The shoes must not have any metal plate or spike that can cause injury or affect speed and footwork. However, unlike
standard football uniforms, the shoes in lacrosse are not part of the uniform so they may not look the same, except the basic materials they are made of should be according to standards. For more information on the rules for lacrosse uniform design, visit nllacrosse.ca/coaches/basic-rules/canadian-box-lacrosse-rules/.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla