ALL >> Health >> View Article
Preparing For Implant Placement With A Bone Graft
Total Articles: 5
Dental implants are ideal solutions for missing teeth problems. The titanium implants are embedded into the jawbone to replace the form and function of lost tooth roots and lost natural teeth. Healthy jawbone structure is needed for the placement of implants, which will need to be anchored on sufficient bone surface area; without the necessary bone structure, it will be very difficult to impossible to successfully attach the implants.
It is still possible for dental implants to be placed in cases when the patient has suffered from jawbone deterioration, or if the jawbone’s anatomy is naturally thin. Bone grafting is an advanced technique that works by adding the necessary structure to the thin jawbone, so that the implants can successfully be placed – and missing teeth can have the proper solution.
The bone graft material, such as demineralised bone matrix or DBM, is placed on the jawbone location where the implants will be placed. The area will be given enough time to heal while the graft material works on integrating with the surrounding tissue. After the healing period, the implants can then be embedded successfully to the jawbone.
Bone Graft Materials
The material used in a bone graft can be obtained from a number of sources. If the bone comes from the patient’s own body, it is called an autograft; this is the material considered to be the safest with very little risk of rejection, since it has been harvested from the same human body. An allograft bone graft material, on the other hand, is sourced from another human being.
Demineralised Bone Matrix
A material used as a substitute to autografts or allografts is demineralised bone matrix, or DBM. This bone graft material substitute comes from processing an allograft and extracting the collagen, proteins, and other human growth factors. Dried demineralised bone goes through extensive processing steps that significantly minimise the risk of disease transmission.
Dried demineralised bone matrix can take on the form of a gel, powder, putty, or chips, which can be administered through a syringe. This is administered to the jawbone site that needs to be improved or augmented prior to the placement of the dental implants. A collagen membrane is used to cover the graft site as DBM is left to fully integrate with the surrounding bone tissue. Once the integration and healing period is completed, the site is uncovered so that the dental implants can successfully be attached to the improved jawbone structure to solve missing teeth problems.
A U Sheikh, founder of Life Dental Implants, is one of the UK’s most experienced dentists specializing in implant treatments. His unique approach to dental implant treatments takes into account not only your teeth, but your overall well-being as a person. Whether you are looking for cheap dental implants, dental implants London or just want to know dental implants cost, visit our clinic today.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel