ALL » Legal >> View Article
Why You Need A Lawyer For Your Domestic Violence CaseBy Expert Author: Steven J Pisani
You need to find a lawyer specialized in handling domestic violence cases if you are facing domestic violence charges. You need the services of professional domestic violence lawyers immediately to ensure that your reputation is protected. There are legal ramifications that you are bound to face as well. Here is why you need to hire a lawyer immediately.
Domestic violence attorney to prevent restraining order
A restraining order may be issued against you once the accuser has reported the matter to the police. In case you live together, the restraining order, even if it is just temporary, may make things difficult for you. The restraining order will mean that you must avoid contact with the accuser or situations where both of you may be present. This can be cumbersome, especially when you share close friends and family. A professional domestic violence attorney will help you make the restraining order less restrictive or stop it from becoming permanent. This will be an important step as the lawyer seeks to find more details concerning the accusation.
If you do not take actions to seek legal assistance, you risk losing custody battles in case you have children. Your DV lawyer will help you determine whatever piece of evidence that may be used in your defense to ensure you do not lose total custody of your children. You should inform your lawyer that you have children so that quick action can be taken to guarantee you custody or at least regular visits. Your domestic violence attorney will begin developing your dense case with the full knowledge of your custody situation.
If you are facing conviction from already filed domestic charges, then the penalties you face, according to the law, may be serious. It is possible that you serve time in prison, and apart from just worrying about spending the night behind bars, you are likely to pay for any damages on property. In case you destroyed anything, whether it is broken glass, electronics, jewelry or any other valuable items, then you must be prepared to pay for everything. The court may levy fines on you and recommend that you start taking classes on anger management. Your reputation and future are also on the line as a domestic violence conviction may be damaging on your record.
Based on these serious legal implications of domestic violence may have on you, the need to have one of the professional domestic violence attorneys could never be more important. The moment you are apprehended you must carefully consider calling a good DV lawyer to represent you. The case against you may be complicated if, according to the evidence, you have impacted physical damage on the accuser and destroyed property as well. Therefore, the longer you wait, the worse things could get; better contact a domestic violence attorney immediately.
Denver Domestic Violence Lawyer Steven J. Pisani represents individuals charged with domestic violence offenses in Colorado. Contact us today to schedule a free domestic violence defense consultation to discuss your case.
Legal Articles1. Finish Your Property Related Work Fast With The Estate Lawyer Vancouver Services
Author: John Petter
2. Hiring An Attorney Lessens The Severe Penalties
Author: MICHAEL GREENBERG
3. Top Risks Associated With Ivc Filter Injury And How To Find Perfect Legal Help In Ft. Worth
Author: Nick Feizy
4. Aquel Alquiler Coche Alicante Se Agrupa Un Desperdiciamiento Topológico
Author: Katherina Soto
5. The Lemon Law
Author: Howard Gutman
6. Cuanto Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Zahoria Este Libertarismo Gesticulador
Author: Faith Real
7. Seat Belt Injury Law Firm – The Safety Purpose Of Seat Belts
8. El Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Desenlabona Ese Telonero Arbitrador Excepto Un Mecato Sangui
Author: Latia Gaunt
9. Best Interests Of The Child: What Guides Judges’ Decision-making
10. Forensic Document & Handwriting Examiner | James A. Green
Author: James A. Green
11. 7 Must Take Steps After Encountering A Catastrophic Auto Accident In Texas
12. Things To Know About Filing Personal Injury Claims
13. What Steps You Must Follow To File A Medical Negligence Claim
Author: Charlie Alcott
14. Is There Difficulty In Finding Answers To Your Carpet Cleaning?
Author: Helen Raley
15. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Experts In Dealing With All Types Of Criminal Cases