ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Choose Right Type Of Nri Account In India?
Total Articles: 108
There are various NRI accounts like the NRI savings account, foreign currency accounts, premium accounts, specials accounts and fixed rupee accounts that are available to NRI’s. In this article, we give you information on the different types of NRI accounts in India, and which is the best account that can be chosen to suit your needs.
Ordinary Non-Resident Rupee Accounts (NRO Accounts)
This rupee denominated non repatriable account especially the NRO savings account can be jointly held with residents in India. The deposits in this type of NRI savings account can be withdrawn by the local resident joint account holder for any payments in rupees. However, the interest from this account especially in the NRO savings account is deductable for income tax.
Non-Resident (External) Rupee Accounts (NRE Accounts)
This rupee denominated account can be easily opened by remitted funds that are free in foreign exchange. Deposits in this type of NRI savings account can be done in the form of legal foreign exchange or repatriable income, especially for the NRE savings account. Other NRI’s can be a joint account holder with this account, and local residents have the ‘power of attorney’ for the operations of this account. Interest from this account is exempted from income tax deductions especially in the NRE Savings Account. The following transactions can be done for the NRE account.
• Foreign exchange remittance from banks that are abroad
• Depositing foreign currency notes and travelers cheques brought into India by the NRI
• By transfer from an existing NRE Account of the same person
• Funds can be transferred from a FCNR account to an NRE account and vice versa
(Foreign Currency Non –Resident Accounts) FCNR Accounts
This account can be opened only in the form of term deposits for a minimum of 1 year and maximum of 5 years. The interest on the income tax is not charged.Deposits in this account can be made in the form of rupee currency converted at the current buying rate or even foreign currency in which the account is maintained. Nonresident account holders can be granted the status of “power of attorney”.The following transactions can be done for the FCNR account:
• Transfer of funds from overseas bank account to a FCNR account
• Transfer funds from an existing NRE account and vice versa
• Deposit of foreign currency notes or travelers cheques on a short trip to India.
Author Bio :- Neha Sharma; a finance student, is an avid learner of NRI accounts. She has gathered a lot of information and knowledge about NRI savings account, NRE savings account and NRO Savings Account which she would like to share to the public.
General Articles1. Budget-friendly Prom Transportation With A Party Bus Of Dc
Author: cheap party bus dc
2. 5 Tips To Store Your Clothes In A Self-storage Unit
Author: Hannah Paul
3. Teflon Wires - A Sturdy Material For The Safety Of Your Workplace
Author: Mr. Nitin Pratap Singh.
4. Iphone 6s Screen Repair Johnstone
5. The New Subaru Outback Shines As Pro Cycling Support Car
Author: Ben Sporn
6. Safety Tips You Need To Know Before Taking A Cab In Delhi.
Author: Hello42 cabs
7. Luxurious And Budget Friendly Transportation With Washington, Dc Limo Service
Author: limo service dc
8. Php Multi Vendor B2b | B2c Ecommerce Marketplace Web Development Company
9. Make Valentine’s Day A Group Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
10. Tips To Minimise Energy Bills In 2017
11. The Southbourne Tax Group: Tips On Having An Efficient Tax Appointment
Author: Elsie Meidinger
12. Email Address Verification
Author: parveen kumar
13. Everything You Need To Know About Leaking Balconies And Its Repair
Author: Andrew Lance
14. Steps To Get Into Mobile App Development And Ensure Success
Author: Harold Vance
15. Flights From San Francisco (sfo) To Mumbai (bom)
Author: Guru Karanam