ALL >> Business >> View Article
Us Educational Financial Solutions Advisors: Money Talk With Your Children
Total Articles: 11
Debt may be an adult thing, but new research says it could be healthy to talk to your kids about your family’s finances; or at least, just enough to keep them from drawing the wrong conclusions about finance-related situations.
A joint study by the North Carolina State University and the University of Texas stressed the benefits of discussing financial matters with kids and preteens. By keeping your kids informed, you help them develop a healthy attitude toward managing their finances, and be aware of sources of assistance such as the US Educational Financial Solutions advisors.
What financial topics are worth sharing with kids, anyway? Are they prepared to hear about how mortgage and other loans work? Will you teach them how to file their Form 1040? Of course, kids aren't ready to take on those topics; instead, focus on the following learnings:
The Importance of Saving
Kids today generally know how to drop spare change into their piggy banks. As they grow older, they'll start earning wads of bills instead of bags of coins; but the essence of saving for the future would, hopefully, have been ingrained in them. Teach your kids not to take debts lightly, as overconfidence can be very dangerous.
Sometimes, It's Good to Borrow
Savings, however, will only get them so far in trying times. Teach them to borrow responsibly, in particular, highlighting the need to pay back what has been borrowed. Let them know how a credit card works, for example, but stress that whatever is purchased using it has to be paid for with extra costs (interest).
Introducing your children to the concept of investment could also be wise. Many banks offer children's savings accounts to familiarize kids with the world of investment, that is, how money they put aside can potentially earn more. Bank rates aren't at par with stock exchange rates, but it's a start.
Financial Planning Assistance
Finally, tell them about US Educational Financial Solutions professionals and similar advisers who can help them out in case they get caught in a bind. Let them know that financial quandaries may happen despite one’s best efforts, but solutions are always on hand. To know more about discussing finance with kids, go to ScienceDaily.com.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better