ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Website Uptime: 4 Things You Have To Consider
Total Articles: 8
Website owners often talk about the importance of website uptime and how crucial it is to minimize your website downtime. How your web host plays an important role in the uptime of your website is also a hot topic of discussion. When it comes to minimizing your site's downtime, there are four things you absolutely must take into consideration.
1. You Get What You Pay For
There is nothing wrong with trying to find reasonably priced hosting for your site. With that being said, you definitely shouldn't be looking for the cheapest hosting plan you can find. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
You should, ideally, look for a hosting company that offers 99.9 percent website uptime and actually lives up to that promise. While these hosting services may cost more, the difference in price usually pays for itself. Remember, website downtime costs your business money. If paying more for a quality hosting plan means that your site experiences less downtime, it is definitely worth the difference in price. Especially when you consider the fact that while it may not seem like there is a big difference between a hosting provider that offers 99.8 percent uptime and a provider that offers 99.9 percent uptime, the fact is that the site offering 99.8 percent uptime has twice the downtime of the other provider.
2. Focus on Reputation and Not Hype
When it comes to finding a quality web host, you need to focus on reputation and quality, not just hype. A promise of 99.9 percent uptime may be nothing more than a marketing ploy for some website hosting providers. Yes, they will, in the long run, end up paying out a few dollars here and there to their customers when they don't meet the uptime target they promise, but that does you no good when you are suffering lost profits that aren't compensated for in that uptime guarantee. You could potentially lose thousands of dollars due to a higher-than-promised downtime average, while your hosting provider is only refunding a portion of what you actually pay for your hosting plan.
When looking for a hosting provider, do your research. Find a hosting provider that has a good reputation when it comes to website uptime. Instead of relying on a guarantee that isn't really worth that much, look for a provider that actually lives up to its promise.
3. Look for Hosting Providers with Quality Hardware
It goes without saying, if the hosting provider you choose has shoddy equipment, your website is going to experience more than its fair share of downtime. If you want to ensure website uptime, you need to be sure that you select a hosting provider that invests in quality hardware. Before signing up for any hosting plan, make sure you know what type of hardware they use and how reliable that hardware tends to be. Also check into how the service maintains its hardware, where it is located, and how many server locations they have.
4. Employ Third-Party Uptime Measures
When it comes to website uptime, you absolutely must employ third-party uptime measures, no matter how good your hosting provider may be. Uptime monitoring services, backup DNS services, and backup hosting plans are crucial to redundancy and redundancy can actually go a long way in minimizing the downtime of your site. While your website host may have a number of its own measures in place to ensure the uptime of their service, you need to put your own measures into place to ensure the uptime of your website.
Alertra is a leading provider of website monitoring and alerting services. We check website uptime and provide timely alert notifications and access to detailed reporting. If you are looking for a quality uptime monitor for your website around the clock, Alertra Website uptime monitor is the right option.
Computers Articles1. Les Meilleurs Moniteurs Portables 2016 - Guide D'achat
Author: Vicky Mamoria
2. How To Access The Mcafee Security Centre?
Author: Maria Williams
3. Is Your Hp Printer Not Receiving Print Commands? Find How To Fix The Error
Author: james watson
4. Using Proxies For Instagram To Help Your Marketing Efforts
5. How To Fix Brother Printer Error 48?
Author: Bradon Wilson
6. Web Based Office Applications Facilitate To Manage Projects More Efficiently
7. Grab Microsoft Office 365 University Promo Code For Exciting Offers From Microsoft
Author: Christine Bleakley
8. Avail Computer Repair Service Waukesha To Restore The Working Condition Of Your Computer
9. Top Temperature Recording Secrets
Author: Chris Miller
10. Why Is The Contribution Of Erp In Load Trail Llc Corporation ?
Author: Sonia Sharma
11. How To Identify And Update Your Mcafee License Validity?
Author: Maria Williams
12. How To Fix Norton Family Server Error?
Author: james watson
13. Apple Macbook Screen Replacement Is Now Reliable With Bombay Computers Services
Author: Mike Rakhangi
14. Get Interactive Experiences Through Touch Screen Kiosk Software Of Intuilab
Author: Geoffrey Bessin
15. Crystal Reports Bursting – How To Choose The Right Pdf Tool
Author: Jeremy Brown