ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Common Mistakes To Avoid While Choosing A Web Hosting Company
Total Articles: 6
Created a new website for your business and looking for a good web host to put it on the World Wide Web? Are you planning to switch from one web hosting company to another? Then, this article is for you. Here, we will discuss some common mistakes that people often make and that you should avoid while choosing a web hosting company.
Choosing the cheapest or free web host
Cost shouldn't be the only criterion to choose a web hosting company. Choosing the cheapest or free web host is the first mistake that many people tend to make. Here are some issues with free services:
Generally companies offer free web hosting only if they do not have genuine customers and to attract newbies. Such companies may go out of business any time and this will land you and your website in trouble.
Free hosting companies may put some third party advertisements on your website that may distract or annoy your visitors.
Some scripts may not work when you are under free or cheap hosting. This may affect the loading speed of your site; especially when your website contains animated or video content.
Some hosting companies that provide free services make you choose their templates – you cannot have a unique theme for your website. Remember, the theme is very important – it is like an identity of your business.
Sometimes, search engines may not give priority to the sites that are under cheap hosting. If search engines don't recognize your site, you can't benefit. All your efforts in creating the website will go in vain.
Going for new web hosting company
Some new web hosting companies may offer services but many times they just do it to attract customers. Do not sign up with them unless you properly assess and confirm if those services are really useful for you. Also assess if the company is going to be long-term. Many new companies will not be able to maintain their service or up-time for long time. They just focus on acquiring customers and scaling their business, before they close down. It is always better to go for a company that has been hosting websites for over 10 years.
Not reading “Terms of Services” properly
Many people while opting for a web hosting service ignore reading the ToS and face problems after signing up. Hosting companies usually highlight only a few points that benefit their company and try to de-emphasize other points. Note this and go through every point in ToS carefully. Know about refund policy, cancellation procedure, agreement, etc. properly. If you have any doubts regarding the ToS, ask the hosting company to clarify. It is your responsibility to check the services they offer and conditions on them before accepting the agreement with the hosting company.
These are the most common mistakes that many people tend to make while choosing a web hosting company. So, be aware of all these points and choose a good host with best services.
4GoodHosting – the best among Canadian web hosting companies offers VPS hosting, free domains and an impressive website builder. Trusted for over 10 years, we are a reliable and priced-right web hosting company for Linux Shared hosting, Windows shared hosting, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS & Reseller Web Hosting. Sign up with us now and get your web hosting taken care of right the first time!
Web Hosting Articles1. Importance Of Dns For Website Uptime
2. Build Your Social Website Without Any Efforts
3. Why Failover Support Is Needed For Your Business Website?
4. Why Use A Site Monitor Service To Check A Site’s Api Responses?
5. 7 Questions To Ask Regarding The Security Of Hosting Services
Author: Andrew Stevenson
6. Knowing The Domain Registration From The Guidance Of Hosting Provider
Author: Prism online
7. Types Of Serveriu Hostingas And Their Advantages And Disadvantages
Author: Host Net
8. Know The Right Difference Between Cloud & Virtualization
Author: Manoj Nagesh
9. Dedicated Servers – To Manage Workloads In A Performance Driven Environment
10. Don’t Rely On Free Online Website Monitoring Tools For Accurate Site Performance Assessment
11. Is Your Website Really Experiencing Downtime And How To Resolve Common Issues?
12. How To Advertise After A Natural Disaster?
13. Things You Need To Monitor Before Your Website Launch
14. Web Hosting And Domain Name Registration In Bangalore
15. Why Do You Need The Best Web Hosting Services?
Author: Andrew Stevenson