ALL >> Health >> View Article
Bad Breath Causes And Prevention
Total Articles: 9
Bad breath is an embarrassing problem that can be prevented with the help of proper oral care practices, as well as professional dental health intervention. A person who has healthy-looking, completely white teeth may still not have the full confidence to interact with other people, knowing that his or her bad breath can turn off even the closest loved ones. Knowing the causes of bad breath - and how to prevent this problem from occurring or worsening - can help keep the breath smelling as clean and fresh as possible.
What Causes Bad Breath?
Improper Oral Hygiene Habits – One of the major causes of bad breath is poor oral hygiene. If regular tooth brushing is not practiced, some food pieces are left inside the mouth after every meal. These food items interact with saliva and bacteria present inside the mouth, and will eventually lead to a foul smell. The combination of food and bacteria on the surface of teeth and on the gum line can lead to the development of other dental problems.
Tooth Decay and Gum Problems – A decayed tooth which is not treated early will eventually smell bad as the condition further worsens. Gum problems and other infections inside the mouth will have the same effect on contributing to bad breath issues.
Smoking – The chemicals found in cigarettes and other tobacco products will lead to a foul smell coming from inside the mouth, especially is good oral hygiene (such as regular tooth brushing) is not practiced.
Food and Drinks – Food and beverages with strong odours - such as onions, garlic, wine, and coffee – can lead to the development of bad breath if they are heavily consumed on a regular basis.
Prevention of Bad Breath
Regular and proper tooth brushing will go a long way in preventing bad breath. Cleaning the teeth surfaces, the gums, and the oral cavity of any leftover food bits will greatly decrease the chances of bad breath-causing bacteria from further multiplying.
Using dental floss will ensure that even the spaces between the teeth and the gum line are completely cleaned.
The tongue should also be cleaned properly using a tongue scraper or a tooth brush, as bacteria that can cause bad breath thrive on the surface of the tongue.
Avoid heavy consumption of food and beverages that have strong odours to minimise the risk of developing bad breath.
Go for regular hygiene treatments and professional dental cleaning to ensure that the mouth is thoroughly cleaned, and for early detection of dental problems that may contribute to bad breath.
London City Smiles offers the widest choice of general, cosmetic dentistry & dental implant treatments at surprisingly affordable prices. We also provide face, skin and lip treatments. Our dentists are specialized in complex dental implant solutions (for missing teeth). If you are searching for a dentist using the keywords, dentist Islington or dental implants London, visit http://www.londoncitysmiles.com today.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important