ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Will I Need A Dui Attorney In San Antonio?By Expert Author: Brendan Duganne
If you live in San Antonio and have been slapped with a DUI or a DWI, you are likely wondering whether or not it is necessary to get a DUI attorney to represent you. The cost of hiring a lawyer to defend you can be upwards of $2,000, and, in some cases, there is nothing any lawyer could do to make your sentence any better. So, how do you know when it would be cost effective to hire an attorney?
The necessity of hiring an attorney varies greatly based on state. In some states, there are varying sentences based on the levels of blood alcohol content, which significantly affect the laws regarding DUIs and DWIs. In Texas, for instance, DUIs and DWIs are used to differentiate between the severity of the offense. Once you understand your situation, you can decide whether or not you’ll need a DUI attorney in San Antonio.
When You Could Represent Yourself
In cases when you will likely have to plead guilty of the DUI or DWI, a lawyer won’t be of much help. You’ll be given the same sentence as the people who are representing themselves. However, knowing when that is the case is important.
If you were measured with a very high BAC, it is unlikely that a lawyer will be able to help you. However, in some cases, a DWI might be reduced down to a DUI if you plead guilty. Determining whether or not such a scenario would be possible for you can be determined by a qualified DUI attorney.
If there are witnesses, either police officers or other individuals, who can testify that you were drunk or were exhibiting unusual, erratic, or dangerous driving patterns, it is unlikely that any DUI attorney will be able to lessen the degree of the sentence. In such a case, representing yourself might be the most cost-effective option.
Reasons to Find a DUI Attorney in San Antonio
There are many cases where having a DUI or DWI isn’t as black and white as it might originally seem. For instance, there are situations where the BAC tests are inaccurate or inconclusive, especially if your blood alcohol content was just above or at the legal limit. In cases such as these, hiring a DUI attorney can be in your favor. You could either enter into a plea bargain or get the charges dropped altogether with his or her help.
If you have any further questions about whether or not you really need a DUI attorney for your case, call a qualified attorney in your area today!
Based in San Antonio, the Law Office of Brendan Duganne, PLLC develops an effective legal defense based on every customer’s individual needs. We will make sure all your legal rights are protected. The Law Office of Brendan Duganne PLLC has successfully handled a large variety of criminal cases including DUI and DWI cases. If you are ever accused of a crime in Texas, call us or visit Bdugannelaw.com.
Legal Articles1. Car Accident Attorney – Why Are They Important?
2. 7 Crucial Things To Know Before Finding A Personal Injury Lawyer Or Attorney In Plano, Texas
Author: Nick Feizy
3. Auto Accident Attorney – Tips To Get The Help You Need
4. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
5. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
6. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
7. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
8. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
9. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
10. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
11. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
13. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
14. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
15. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation