ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Will I Need A Dui Attorney In San Antonio?
Total Articles: 2
If you live in San Antonio and have been slapped with a DUI or a DWI, you are likely wondering whether or not it is necessary to get a DUI attorney to represent you. The cost of hiring a lawyer to defend you can be upwards of $2,000, and, in some cases, there is nothing any lawyer could do to make your sentence any better. So, how do you know when it would be cost effective to hire an attorney?
The necessity of hiring an attorney varies greatly based on state. In some states, there are varying sentences based on the levels of blood alcohol content, which significantly affect the laws regarding DUIs and DWIs. In Texas, for instance, DUIs and DWIs are used to differentiate between the severity of the offense. Once you understand your situation, you can decide whether or not you’ll need a DUI attorney in San Antonio.
When You Could Represent Yourself
In cases when you will likely have to plead guilty of the DUI or DWI, a lawyer won’t be of much help. You’ll be given the same sentence as the people who are representing themselves. However, knowing when that is the case is important.
If you were measured with a very high BAC, it is unlikely that a lawyer will be able to help you. However, in some cases, a DWI might be reduced down to a DUI if you plead guilty. Determining whether or not such a scenario would be possible for you can be determined by a qualified DUI attorney.
If there are witnesses, either police officers or other individuals, who can testify that you were drunk or were exhibiting unusual, erratic, or dangerous driving patterns, it is unlikely that any DUI attorney will be able to lessen the degree of the sentence. In such a case, representing yourself might be the most cost-effective option.
Reasons to Find a DUI Attorney in San Antonio
There are many cases where having a DUI or DWI isn’t as black and white as it might originally seem. For instance, there are situations where the BAC tests are inaccurate or inconclusive, especially if your blood alcohol content was just above or at the legal limit. In cases such as these, hiring a DUI attorney can be in your favor. You could either enter into a plea bargain or get the charges dropped altogether with his or her help.
If you have any further questions about whether or not you really need a DUI attorney for your case, call a qualified attorney in your area today!
Based in San Antonio, the Law Office of Brendan Duganne, PLLC develops an effective legal defense based on every customer’s individual needs. We will make sure all your legal rights are protected. The Law Office of Brendan Duganne PLLC has successfully handled a large variety of criminal cases including DUI and DWI cases. If you are ever accused of a crime in Texas, call us or visit Bdugannelaw.com.
Legal Articles1. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
2. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
3. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
4. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
5. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
6. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
7. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
8. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
9. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
10. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer
11. Choose Best Law Firm For Tough Legal Problem
12. Points To Keep In Mind Before Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
13. The Biggest Myth About Family Law Attorney Exposed
Author: V. Wayne Ward
14. Defective Seat Belts:how An Attorney Can Help You
15. Different Type Of Legal Services Are Provided By Lexlords
Author: Lex Lords