ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
What Are The Types Of High Gloss Kitchen Finishes Available?
Total Articles: 72
A high gloss kitchen has various finishes that makes a difference when it is used. One must understand the different finishes to ensure that the best one can be chosen to suit ones needs. In this article we give you the types of high gloss finishes that are ideally used for high gloss kitchen doors and high gloss kitchen cabinets.
This finish has 0 to 5% gloss. Preferably used on flat surfaces that do not reflect light, this is normally used for ceiling surfaces and for a more formal look. It is ideally no used in a kitchen as it is not cleaning friendly.
Matte or Velvet finish
This kind of finish is ideal for high gloss kitchen doors. With a durable and flat finish, this finish can endure a light cleaning, but not a heavy cleaning. This gloss has a 5 to 10% gloss.
This finish has a low sheen and an essence of a glossy reminiscent of an eggshell effect. Commonly known as the eggshell finish, this is normally used on surfaces for a more high gloss sheen level. It can be cleaned more easily as compared to the earlier finishes. This gloss has a 10 to 20% gloss.
Pearl and Satin Finish
With a 25 to 35% gloss this is ideally the best finish for high gloss kitchen cabinets and high gloss kitchen doors. This finish has a velvet glossy texture, with a smooth and soft touch. Since it has a high durability, it can be used for areas which have a lot of usage, like storage and cabinet doors.
This finish has a nice gleam and shine without being too loud. This semi gloss finish is used for trims, doors, windows and cabinets for a high gloss look. This has 35 to 70% of gloss content.
This has a shiner finish than the other semi gloss and is most popular for high gloss kitchens. This is used for high gloss kitchen cabinets and high gloss kitchen doors, with a definite prep work and excellent undercoats to create a smooth surface. It has a 70 to 85% gloss and reflects a classy gleam.
This finish has the highest gloss of 85% and above and has a finishing that looks like plastic. This high gloss finish offers a high durability and washable factor that can stand high intensity cleaning. It is good for high gloss kitchen cabinets and high gloss kitchen doors that are situated in close proximity to cleaning areas like the wash basin or the sink. Although it has a high classy look, the reflective surface of this finish highlights minute imperfection so prep work is really important here.
About the Author
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent high gloss kitchens cabinets and doors designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi